Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(29-07-2015 05:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not sure if there's any Rousey fans on here (currently one of the biggest names in the world of female mixed martial arts competitors), but she put on quite a display in Rio today. She even hugs a kid that runs out in the end and signs his belt. Good stuff Tongue

In keeping with bad ass women--Here's one bad ass yogini. She's fucking amazing!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-07-2015, 09:43 PM
(29-07-2015 08:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm so pissed, I was recovering so well from my septoplasty operation ( fixing a deviated septum) and was about to get back into yoga, ballroom dancing and ballet. I was feeling so well that I went out in the backyard and started scrubbing off the moss on our patio bricks. Well, I'm not supposed to bend over and put pressure on my sinuses but being the stupid person I am, all that scrubbing had me bending over and then my nose started hurting. So I'm back in recovery mode. I kinda relapsed and feel like crap.

Damn.

That sucks. Can you do some meditation (sitting in a cross-legged position?)

It does suck. I have such a hard time sitting still. I'm not the couch potato type but I'm trying to not be active so I can recover. I was doing some Yoga Nidra which is very relaxing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-07-2015, 09:54 PM
(29-07-2015 08:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 05:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not sure if there's any Rousey fans on here (currently one of the biggest names in the world of female mixed martial arts competitors), but she put on quite a display in Rio today. She even hugs a kid that runs out in the end and signs his belt. Good stuff Tongue

In keeping with bad ass women--Here's one bad ass yogini. She's fucking amazing!

Nice!

I can do the position she does at 1:03-06 and the one she does at 2:28 . I can do the bird of paradise position, I didn't see her do that one. But I simply can't stand on my head, especially now. Maybe in the future when I recover from this operation I'll be able to do a head stand but right now it would just about kill me.

29-07-2015, 10:09 PM
(29-07-2015 09:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That sucks. Can you do some meditation (sitting in a cross-legged position?)

It does suck. I have such a hard time sitting still. I'm not the couch potato type but I'm trying to not be active so I can recover. I was doing some Yoga Nidra which is very relaxing.

Yoga Nidra is very relaxing. I found a site called yogaglo. You pay 18 bucks a month and you get unlimited yoga classes (all kinds) and unlimited meditations. They are taught in an actual yoga studio during an actual yoga class. You can access the classes online via their website. It is sooooo much cheaper than going to a yoga studio.

I really don't sit still well either. I prefer to be active. I only watch two tv shows--The Walking Dead and Project Runway. It will be three tv shows if this summer's new Walking Dead series is any good lol. So not really a couch potato either...it would definitely be a struggle for me as well.

I hope you get better soon--I am sure it is not easy--but you will make it through! Hug
29-07-2015, 10:44 PM
(29-07-2015 09:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  In keeping with bad ass women--Here's one bad ass yogini. She's fucking amazing!

Nice!

I can do the position she does at 1:03-06 and the one she does at 2:28 . I can do the bird of paradise position, I didn't see her do that one. But I simply can't stand on my head, especially now. Maybe in the future when I recover from this operation I'll be able to do a head stand but right now it would just about kill me.

I can do some of the more advanced poses--but I still do my handstands against the wall lol I would love to be able to just pop up like she does. Maybe some day Thumbsup
29-07-2015, 10:45 PM
(29-07-2015 10:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 09:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It does suck. I have such a hard time sitting still. I'm not the couch potato type but I'm trying to not be active so I can recover. I was doing some Yoga Nidra which is very relaxing.

Yoga Nidra is very relaxing. I found a site called yogaglo. You pay 18 bucks a month and you get unlimited yoga classes (all kinds) and unlimited meditations. They are taught in an actual yoga studio during an actual yoga class. You can access the classes online via their website. It is sooooo much cheaper than going to a yoga studio.

I really don't sit still well either. I prefer to be active. I only watch two tv shows--The Walking Dead and Project Runway. It will be three tv shows if this summer's new Walking Dead series is any good lol. So not really a couch potato either...it would definitely be a struggle for me as well.

I hope you get better soon--I am sure it is not easy--but you will make it through! Hug

Yogaglo? Hummmmm. That sound interesting. I'll have to check it out. I usually take about 4 yoga classes a week at L A Fitness. They have two really great yoga instructors there which is one of the reasons I joined. Each has a different style of teaching but I like them both. One of the teachers is rather religious but she's so nice and such fun I can get past that part of it. She's not obnoxious about it.

I'm gonna check that site out. Thanks! And thanks for the hug. Big Grin

29-07-2015, 10:55 PM
(29-07-2015 10:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yoga Nidra is very relaxing. I found a site called yogaglo. You pay 18 bucks a month and you get unlimited yoga classes (all kinds) and unlimited meditations. They are taught in an actual yoga studio during an actual yoga class. You can access the classes online via their website. It is sooooo much cheaper than going to a yoga studio.

Yogaglo? Hummmmm. That sound interesting. I'll have to check it out. I usually take about 4 yoga classes a week at L A Fitness. They have two really great yoga instructors there which is one of the reasons I joined. Each has a different style of teaching but I like them both. One of the teachers is rather religious but she's so nice and such fun I can get past that part of it. She's not obnoxious about it.

I try and do something everyday. I like to try and take a yoga class every day if I can. Where I live they have them as early as 6am which is nice. Now that I found yogaglo--I try and do a class a day. In the studio, I usually do at least two 90 minute classes per week and then supplement on my own.
30-07-2015, 10:58 PM
(29-07-2015 10:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yogaglo? Hummmmm. That sound interesting. I'll have to check it out. I usually take about 4 yoga classes a week at L A Fitness. They have two really great yoga instructors there which is one of the reasons I joined. Each has a different style of teaching but I like them both. One of the teachers is rather religious but she's so nice and such fun I can get past that part of it. She's not obnoxious about it.

I try and do something everyday. I like to try and take a yoga class every day if I can. Where I live they have them as early as 6am which is nice. Now that I found yogaglo--I try and do a class a day. In the studio, I usually do at least two 90 minute classes per week and then supplement on my own.

I checked out the yogaglo. Thumbsup I might sign up for the free classes and see how that goes. I do like going out to the classes just for the social connections. I have a small business and I work out of my house so I need to get out with people otherwise I go nutso crazy. Usually I take 4 yoga classes a week and 2 ballet classes. I do some weight lifting too. Sometimes my hubby and I go out ballroom dancing. That's such fun.

How long have you been doing yoga?

31-07-2015, 02:21 AM
I've been researching the yoga and barre studios in my immediate vicinity and narrowed it down to one of each...now to decide if I wanna try barre classes or yoga classes. I need to get out of the apartment and meet people.

The Facebook page for the barre studio has some hilarious pics and words of encouragement, such as "I cannot quit because I am currently too legit." They also have awesome coozies that they suggest taking to happy hour as a pickup line - "I hope your day is as nice as your butt." Laugh out load This may be where I start...sounds like these ladies know how to have a good time.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
31-07-2015, 07:08 AM
(30-07-2015 10:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I try and do something everyday. I like to try and take a yoga class every day if I can. Where I live they have them as early as 6am which is nice. Now that I found yogaglo--I try and do a class a day. In the studio, I usually do at least two 90 minute classes per week and then supplement on my own.

I checked out the yogaglo. Thumbsup I might sign up for the free classes and see how that goes. I do like going out to the classes just for the social connections. I have a small business and I work out of my house so I need to get out with people otherwise I go nutso crazy. Usually I take 4 yoga classes a week and 2 ballet classes. I do some weight lifting too. Sometimes my hubby and I go out ballroom dancing. That's such fun.

How long have you been doing yoga?

I've been doing yoga pretty hardcore for about two years. Before that, I worked part-time as a personal trainer and took yoga classes on my day off. I really fell in love with yoga and now that's pretty much all I do ( besides hiking and backpacking). Ballroom dancing sounds fun!