Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-07-2015, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 08:49 AM by jennybee.)
RE: Atheists who work out
(31-07-2015 02:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I've been researching the yoga and barre studios in my immediate vicinity and narrowed it down to one of each...now to decide if I wanna try barre classes or yoga classes. I need to get out of the apartment and meet people.

The Facebook page for the barre studio has some hilarious pics and words of encouragement, such as "I cannot quit because I am currently too legit." They also have awesome coozies that they suggest taking to happy hour as a pickup line - "I hope your day is as nice as your butt." Laugh out load This may be where I start...sounds like these ladies know how to have a good time.

Those sound like fun! A cool group of women always make the classes better! Barre classes are great. They really kick your ass!

The next class I try is going to be aerial yoga. Looks like so much fun! Like you're in the circus Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
31-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Holy. shit. Ass kicked. I'm still shaking and class let out 15 mins ago. Hopefully I can move tomorrow.

That was a lot of fun - totally doing it again. Flex

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
31-07-2015, 10:13 AM
(31-07-2015 07:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 02:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I've been researching the yoga and barre studios in my immediate vicinity and narrowed it down to one of each...now to decide if I wanna try barre classes or yoga classes. I need to get out of the apartment and meet people.

The Facebook page for the barre studio has some hilarious pics and words of encouragement, such as "I cannot quit because I am currently too legit." They also have awesome coozies that they suggest taking to happy hour as a pickup line - "I hope your day is as nice as your butt." Laugh out load This may be where I start...sounds like these ladies know how to have a good time.

Those sound like fun! A cool group of women always make the classes better! Barre classes are great. They really kick your ass!

The next class I try is going to be aerial yoga. Looks like so much fun! Like you're in the circus Big Grin

I didn't even know that was a thing. Looks awesome!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
31-07-2015, 10:15 AM
(31-07-2015 07:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

I would love to do that! But I can't be upside down for a while. Dammit!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-07-2015, 10:16 AM
(31-07-2015 10:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 07:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Those sound like fun! A cool group of women always make the classes better! Barre classes are great. They really kick your ass!

I didn't even know that was a thing. Looks awesome!

Can't wait to try it! Smile
31-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(31-07-2015 10:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Holy. shit. Ass kicked. I'm still shaking and class let out 15 mins ago. Hopefully I can move tomorrow.

What was the class, Nurse?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 07:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Those sound like fun! A cool group of women always make the classes better! Barre classes are great. They really kick your ass!

If i like it, I'm going to get an aerial yoga hammock for my house, so I can take classes and play on it at home. Big Grin
31-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Naked yoga is pretty awesome too.....just saying Unsure

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
31-07-2015, 10:33 AM
(31-07-2015 10:15 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Too bad you and Nurse don't live closer. We could take the class together.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
31-07-2015, 10:33 AM
(31-07-2015 10:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Holy. shit. Ass kicked. I'm still shaking and class let out 15 mins ago. Hopefully I can move tomorrow.

What was the class, Nurse?

Hmm...If the workout had a name I didn't catch it. This studio mixes it up each time (not the Pure Barre franchise). I think my calves, delts, and shoulders are the only groups I didn't work. We used small Dumbbells (I used 3 lbs...it was plenty), these circular bands you put your legs through, a tiny version of a kickball, a stretchy resistance band , and of course the barre. Whew.

And apparently I suck at grasping the concept of tucking. Tongue