Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-08-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
I've been experimenting with text to voice additions to my workout songs. https://acapela-box.com/AcaBox/index.php has a voice called "Will (badguy)" that sounds kind of like Duke Nukem, so as an example I'll create a 30 minute single file music compilation using Audacity and then, also using Audacity, add voice instructions using the text to speech site, random phrases, and air horns and other sounds. The end result is what almost sounds like a fitness routine being led by Duke Nukem.

He'll be like:
"Run four fifteen meter laps at a pace of 5 seconds per lap!"
(Air horn sound, followed by a tone every five seconds to help me set pace)
At some point he'll scream "Faster, you piece of shit!"
Then at the end of those four laps "On the ground! Down, up, down, up, down, up (maybe 20 pushups). On your feet!"
"Now sprint fucker, Sprint!"
And so on, with the music in the background lowered by about 10 decibels so it doesn't drown out the added sounds.

Way too much time on my hands when I'm not on a work rotation...

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
07-08-2015, 07:09 AM
(07-08-2015 07:03 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've been experimenting with text to voice additions to my workout songs. https://acapela-box.com/AcaBox/index.php has a voice called "Will (badguy)" that sounds kind of like Duke Nukem, so as an example I'll create a 30 minute single file music compilation using Audacity and then, also using Audacity, add voice instructions using the text to speech site, random phrases, and air horns and other sounds. The end result is what almost sounds like a fitness routine being led by Duke Nukem.

He'll be like:
Then at the end of those four laps "On the ground! Down, up, down, up, down, up (maybe 20 pushups). On your feet!"
And so on, with the music in the background lowered by about 10 decibels so it doesn't drown out the added sounds.

So you start your routine with:

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. . . and I'm all out of gum?
07-08-2015, 07:16 AM
(07-08-2015 07:09 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 07:03 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've been experimenting with text to voice additions to my workout songs. https://acapela-box.com/AcaBox/index.php has a voice called "Will (badguy)" that sounds kind of like Duke Nukem, so as an example I'll create a 30 minute single file music compilation using Audacity and then, also using Audacity, add voice instructions using the text to speech site, random phrases, and air horns and other sounds. The end result is what almost sounds like a fitness routine being led by Duke Nukem.

He'll be like:

So you start your routine with:

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. . . and I'm all out of gum?

I haven't actually added it, but I'll admit the second I found the voice I tested the phrase to see how close it was.

'Murican Canadian
07-08-2015, 08:32 AM

He'll be like:

I should use this for yoga: Get in downward dog, fuckers! And oh yeah, namaste Tongue
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
07-08-2015, 09:33 AM
(31-07-2015 10:33 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 10:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What was the class, Nurse?

Hmm...If the workout had a name I didn't catch it. This studio mixes it up each time (not the Pure Barre franchise). I think my calves, delts, and shoulders are the only groups I didn't work. We used small Dumbbells (I used 3 lbs...it was plenty), these circular bands you put your legs through, a tiny version of a kickball, a stretchy resistance band , and of course the barre. Whew.

And apparently I suck at grasping the concept of tucking. Tongue

One of the things I like about Bikram yoga is that the poses were selected to cover all the bases. I tried vinyasa a couple of times, but because the instructors got to pick and choose, I usually felt like some body parts got too much attention while others were almost completely neglected.

Something I liked about both classes was the ratio of men to women. Very favorable from my perspective. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
07-08-2015, 10:21 AM
On that same site, the "Will (LittleCreature)" voice sounds like Yoda. I've got to make a custom Jedi workout now.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-08-2015, 10:23 AM
(07-08-2015 10:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  On that same site, the "Will (LittleCreature)" voice sounds like Yoda. I've got to make a custom Jedi workout now.

Here you go

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-08-2015, 08:20 AM
I splurged a little bit and purchased a Fitbit.

So far I really like it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
10-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Perfect. And the grenade at 7:28 Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
10-08-2015, 11:37 AM
(10-08-2015 10:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Perfect. And the grenade at 7:28 Big Grin

Laugh out load

That was pure awesome.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post