Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(04-11-2014 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Fuck, that's horrible Sad You US guys need to sort out your medical shit...
Agreed, but that's not happening any time soon. No

(04-11-2014 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Can't take the race outta the man Wink 9 min / mile is still pretty darn respectable I think. I use km so it's a bit hard for me to convert... hang on... 1 over 1.6 is... 5 over 8 so 9 min / mile is 5.6 min / km. Holy shit. You're not exactly slouching around Tongue
Thanks. For me it's about competing against myself. 9 minute miles in itself is pretty good, especially for long distance runs. But I know I used to view that as practically walking in terms of what I used to be able to do. But I've accepted it. Can't stop the aging process. Tongue Still, I'd love to qualify for the Boston Marathon some day and, right now, I'd have to average 8 minutes/mile.

(04-11-2014 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
Quote:My marathon is coming up on January 11th. It's the one at Walt Disney World.
Good Luck Smile
Thanks. Smile

(04-11-2014 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Running injuries can be really hard to treat according to what I've read. One running book mentioned a guy who went to the doctor and complained "It hurts if I run more than five miles"... the doctor looked at him mystified and replied "then stop running more than five miles". Laugh out load

Lol! Smile Yeah, the hard part about treating running injuries is you have to stop running for most of them. No one wants to do that so people tend to get back out there earlier than they should. In fact, I ordinarily wouldn't have risked a 10 mile run after my achilles tendon pain, but I'm trying not to stray too far from my 18 week marathon build up schedule. That's exactly the kind of thing that can backfire. I was lucky (at least so far).

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-11-2014, 03:50 PM
(04-11-2014 09:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Still, I'd love to qualify for the Boston Marathon some day and, right now, I'd have to average 8 minutes/mile.
8 x 26 = 208 min = 3 h 28 min - are you sure??? Seems like a helluva quick qualifying time? Plus I can't run that fast anyway Tongue Yet.

(04-11-2014 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Lol! Smile Yeah, the hard part about treating running injuries is you have to stop running for most of them.
Which is why I dread the day... Unsure

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-11-2014, 04:24 PM
I plan I learning how to use weapons Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Today I warmed up on the elliptical for 10 mins, then did 14 sets of squats, 5 sets of lunges and 5 sets x 50 reps for leg extensions. Now that the ol man was warmed up, I then did back and biceps, 8 triple sets for a total of 24 sets of seated cable rows, lat pulldowns and dumbell curls...then I noticed I had stopped sweating...a good indication of it was time to end the workout, total time 2.4 hours Thumbsup

Did chest and tri's yesterday for almost 3 hours, to say that I am sore is an understatement Drooling

I lift things up, and put them down.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-11-2014, 05:29 PM
(04-11-2014 03:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  8 x 26 = 208 min = 3 h 28 min - are you sure??? Seems like a helluva quick qualifying time? Plus I can't run that fast anyway Tongue Yet.

Yeah, according the current qualifying times for my age group (50-54), I have to finish in 3:30. I've got work to do! Sadcryface And the standards tend to get tougher with time because more and more people want to run in it. It used to be the 45-49 age group that was 3:30 and I think my age group was 3:35 at that time (a couple of years ago).

You can probably get to 3:30, you're close. But you may be in a different age group.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-11-2014, 11:37 PM
(04-11-2014 05:29 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You can probably get to 3:30, you're close. But you may be in a different age group.

Hah. My qualifying time is 3:05. Qualifying time... Holy fuckballs. That's savage. No wonder people want to run that race Smile Still, I'm pretty sure I can get there someday... Moar training, less laziness Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-11-2014, 12:13 PM
(04-11-2014 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 05:29 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You can probably get to 3:30, you're close. But you may be in a different age group.

Hah. My qualifying time is 3:05. Qualifying time... Holy fuckballs. That's savage. No wonder people want to run that race Smile Still, I'm pretty sure I can get there someday... Moar training, less laziness Smile

3:05... whoa, that's a 7:04 minute/mile pace. If you ever do that, I will Bowing

05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Back on the road after two weeks off. 4.5 miles at 10:23 min/mile pace. Amazing how fast it goes away. Before I got sick I was running 4.5 miles in the low 9 min/mile pace consistently.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
05-11-2014, 02:33 PM
(05-11-2014 12:13 PM)Impulse Wrote:  3:05... whoa, that's a 7:04 minute/mile pace. If you ever do that, I will Bowing

Still slower than those 6 minute miles you used to knock out easily. Shocking

05-11-2014, 03:30 PM
(05-11-2014 02:13 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Back on the road after two weeks off. 4.5 miles at 10:23 min/mile pace. Amazing how fast it goes away. Before I got sick I was running 4.5 miles in the low 9 min/mile pace consistently.

Glad to hear you must be feeling better and are back out there. Your pace should come back fairly quickly. Your body is probably still getting its strength back after the sickness.