Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-08-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(18-08-2015 03:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 03:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... Sorry I'm not following. What's not vegan about normal wine? Do they put blood in it to make it red?

He has a fair point--yeast is involved. Some people consider it "living." Others don't. And some winemakers do use animal-based filters. I buy wine that does not use animal-based filters and I do use nutritional yeast (as do many vegans). I don't eat eggs, honey, milk, meat etc. But i guess I am not vegan enough for Rev. Tongue

Oh for fecks sake Rolleyes You better not eat at all since you'll likely be noshing at least *some* animal cells with every meal, even if they're microscopic.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-08-2015, 03:59 PM
(18-08-2015 03:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-wine-vegan/

This is kind of my philosophy on yeast:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetaria...-Yeast.htm

I never claimed to be a martyr--just someone who cares about animals. I do the best I can. I also know vegans who eat honey (I don't).

Your posted link was basically "No cause I don't want to think about my position". Which is the stance of every vegan because it is an impossible position to hold and not be a hypocrite. It is literally impossible not to use animal products in the modern world.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-08-2015, 04:01 PM
(18-08-2015 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is literally impossible not to use animal products in the modern world.

Yeah, but one can avoid *eating* ye little buggers, yes?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-08-2015, 04:07 PM
(18-08-2015 04:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is literally impossible not to use animal products in the modern world.

Yeah, but one can avoid *eating* ye little buggers, yes?

Depends how you classify things. Yeast is a deathblow to vegans because tofu is fermented as are several other mainstays of their diet. By all normal classifications Yeast is a living animal as it is not a plant. I am honestly just giving Jenny some shit because I am a jerk Tongue and I find the silly justifications for eating one animal but not another funny.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-08-2015, 04:08 PM
(18-08-2015 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 03:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-wine-vegan/

I never claimed to be a martyr--just someone who cares about animals. I do the best I can. I also know vegans who eat honey (I don't).

Your posted link was basically "No cause I don't want to think about my position". Which is the stance of every vegan because it is an impossible position to hold and not be a hypocrite. It is literally impossible not to use animal products in the modern world.

She said she thought about it and to her it is a fungus--and it doesn't suffer like a cow or other animal. This is my stance and one I have thought about as well.

I'm sorry if you find vegans to be hypocrites. I have never been rude about my beliefs re: animals to anyone in here and I have never tried to "convert" anyone to my way of eating. So, I'm not really sure why you have such a problem with me? I don't tell you how or what to eat--so why do you care how I live my life?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-08-2015, 04:09 PM
(18-08-2015 04:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Your posted link was basically "No cause I don't want to think about my position". Which is the stance of every vegan because it is an impossible position to hold and not be a hypocrite. It is literally impossible not to use animal products in the modern world.

She said she thought about it and to her it is a fungus--and it doesn't suffer like a cow or other animal. This is my stance and one I have thought about as well.

I'm sorry if you find vegans to be hypocrites. I have never been rude about my beliefs re: animals to anyone in here and I have never tried to "convert" anyone to my way of eating. So, I'm not really sure why you have such a problem with me? I don't tell you how or what to eat--so why do you care how I live my life?

I am not being serious. I should have used more emoticons because I am seriously just messing with you.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-08-2015, 04:10 PM
(18-08-2015 04:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 04:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, but one can avoid *eating* ye little buggers, yes?

Depends how you classify things. Yeast is a deathblow to vegans because tofu is fermented as are several other mainstays of their diet. By all normal classifications Yeast is a living animal as it is not a plant. I am honestly just giving Jenny some shit because I am a jerk Tongue and I find the silly justifications for eating one animal but not another funny.

But like with anything--people have all different kinds of reasons for why they do things. I don't eat meat because i love animals--that is definitely true. However, I also can't stand the consistency of meat--I find it gross. It's not hypocritical--it just is.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
18-08-2015, 04:13 PM
(18-08-2015 04:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 04:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, but one can avoid *eating* ye little buggers, yes?

Hmm. Fuck justifications then Smile I can't see yeast as the same as a guinea pig. Sure, if you go into scientifically rigorous detail, but on the level of a diet plan that's hardly necessary Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-08-2015, 04:19 PM
(18-08-2015 04:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 04:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Depends how you classify things. Yeast is a deathblow to vegans because tofu is fermented as are several other mainstays of their diet. By all normal classifications Yeast is a living animal as it is not a plant. I am honestly just giving Jenny some shit because I am a jerk Tongue and I find the silly justifications for eating one animal but not another funny.

Hmm. Fuck justifications then Smile I can't see yeast as the same as a guinea pig. Sure, if you go into scientifically rigorous detail, but on the level of a diet plan that's hardly necessary Tongue

Basically, but the difference between being a vegetarian and a Vegan is very nit picky so I like to mess with them from time to time and see how they react. I really could care less what someone eats and it's not like Jenny is preachy about it.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-08-2015, 04:21 PM

So why are you a vegan? Choice or your love of animals.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube