Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-08-2015, 07:04 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(18-08-2015 06:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  What I do with insects that get in the house is highly dependent on whether or not my girlfriend sees it. She usually wants me to kill them, which is ironic since she's the more strict vegetarian Tongue

I usually bring them out, unless it's a house spider I know won't survive outdoors, in which case I'll just put it in a better hiding spot. If I were living alone, I'd probably just ignore most spiders.

I leave the spiders in my house. There are several living here--one crawled on top of me while I was doing yoga the other day Big Grin Moths and ladybugs and things like that I put back outside.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-08-2015, 07:05 PM
(18-08-2015 06:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 06:40 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Lol no I don't eat insects. I try not to kill them either. I just put them outside.

But what about microscopic ones?

Hobo Tongue
18-08-2015, 07:09 PM
(18-08-2015 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 06:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  What I do with insects that get in the house is highly dependent on whether or not my girlfriend sees it. She usually wants me to kill them, which is ironic since she's the more strict vegetarian Tongue

I usually bring them out, unless it's a house spider I know won't survive outdoors, in which case I'll just put it in a better hiding spot. If I were living alone, I'd probably just ignore most spiders.

I leave the spiders in my house. There are several living here--one crawled on top of me while I was doing yoga the other day Big Grin Moths and ladybugs and things like that I put back outside.

Oh there are probably at least a few hundred house spiders living in crawl spaces and such. The ones you see just got lost looking for spider lovin'.

Without them, your house would be overrun by much more troublesome insects Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-08-2015, 07:14 PM
(18-08-2015 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I too try not to kill bugs. If I kill it I have to eat it. Fruit flies are an exception, but not because I hate them, but because they fly in front of my face. And spiders=best animal.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
18-08-2015, 07:18 PM
(18-08-2015 07:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I leave the spiders in my house. There are several living here--one crawled on top of me while I was doing yoga the other day Big Grin Moths and ladybugs and things like that I put back outside.

I too try not to kill bugs. If I kill it I have to eat it. Fruit flies are an exception, but not because I hate them, but because they fly in front of my face. And spiders=best animal.

In all honesty, I'm fascinated with spiders. If a spider comes in my house uninvited, I'll usually let it stay. If a person comes in my house uninvited, they're probably leaving in a box.

And I've eaten insect before, and when prepared correctly it's better than most people imagine. If I'm in a situation that demands the eating of insects, and I'm cautious about it, it's because it's a variety of insect that I know to either be inherently toxic or to have a good chance of being infested with parasites, not because it grosses me out.

'Murican Canadian
18-08-2015, 07:26 PM
um. this thread has gotten woefully off topic. Shocking

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
18-08-2015, 07:34 PM
(18-08-2015 07:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I too try not to kill bugs. If I kill it I have to eat it. Fruit flies are an exception, but not because I hate them, but because they fly in front of my face. And spiders=best animal.

In all honesty, I'm fascinated with spiders. If a spider comes in my house uninvited, I'll usually let it stay. If a person comes in my house uninvited, they're probably leaving in a box.

And I've eaten insect before, and when prepared correctly it's better than most people imagine. If I'm in a situation that demands the eating of insects, and I'm cautious about it, it's because it's a variety of insect that I know to either be inherently toxic or to have a good chance of being infested with parasites, not because it grosses me out.

Good to know lol
18-08-2015, 07:35 PM
(18-08-2015 07:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  um. this thread has gotten woefully off topic. Shocking

This will bring it back to the topic Big Grin

[Image: animal-kingdom-insects-working_out-weigh...61_low.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-08-2015, 07:37 PM
(18-08-2015 07:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I leave the spiders in my house. There are several living here--one crawled on top of me while I was doing yoga the other day Big Grin Moths and ladybugs and things like that I put back outside.

Oh there are probably at least a few hundred house spiders living in crawl spaces and such. The ones you see just got lost looking for spider lovin'.

Without them, your house would be overrun by much more troublesome insects Tongue

I like spiders. I think they are cute.
18-08-2015, 07:41 PM
In other non-bug news, went to an aerial yoga class today Heart