Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-08-2015, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 06:25 AM by Nurse.)
RE: Atheists who work out
Alright. I need to start running and working out again (after I kick this weird as fuck virus my son gave me). And go to the grocery store. Just watched this scene from New Girl (yes, I'm obsessed...someone take the remote from me) that *for some reason* made me think of this thread Wink

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
26-08-2015, 04:16 PM
(26-08-2015 06:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Alright. I need to start running and working out again (after I kick this weird as fuck virus my son gave me). And go to the grocery store. Just watched this scene from New Girl (yes, I'm obsessed...someone take the remote from me) that *for some reason* made me think of this thread Wink

Hug feel better nurse!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
27-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Half marathon on Sunday Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-08-2015, 04:02 PM
(27-08-2015 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Half marathon on Sunday Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thumbsup this must mean you are feeling better!! Hug

27-08-2015, 04:08 PM
(27-08-2015 04:02 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Half marathon on Sunday Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thumbsup this must mean you are feeling better!! Hug

Better-ish Confused It's still dicey, I'm not running at all beforehand. Just gonna pitch up on the day and wing it. ETA Hug to you too Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-08-2015, 05:01 PM
You probably just need more vitamin "D" nurse.

Big Grin

Evil_monster

hehe, jk, get better soon

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-08-2015, 09:29 PM
(27-08-2015 04:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 04:02 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thumbsup this must mean you are feeling better!! Hug

Better-ish Confused It's still dicey, I'm not running at all beforehand. Just gonna pitch up on the day and wing it. ETA Hug to you too Smile

well be careful and good luck to you ...wouldn't it be funny if it ended up being your best time, yet? Big Grin

what kind of running shoes do you wear? (brand/style)

27-08-2015, 10:33 PM
[Image: 1e83c135bdd13adb792efb9bb8d2ed76b9df42b6...8825ae.jpg]

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the weight room. Tongue

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
27-08-2015, 11:33 PM
(27-08-2015 09:29 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  what kind of running shoes do you wear? (brand/style)

I'm a bit of a running shoe whore. I started with Adidas, then I've been through Asics, New Balance, Nike... now I'm back to Adidas 'cos they had a marketing campaign and gave me money off, but I think I'll go back to New Balance when I next buy a pair. I've got wide feet and New Balance and I think Asics are the only crowd that also give you options for the width of your shoe as well as the length.

I prefer just normal shoes, not ones with e.g. massive cushioning or vice versa, though I've been quite keen to try the Vibram type 'barefoot running' style shoes - I had a pair of allegedly minimalist shoes once which worked OK. It's just that the Vibram ones are so frikken expensive and I already kinda know what works for me. I tried *actually* running barefoot too but it takes too much time to build up hard skin on my feet and it hurts.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-08-2015, 02:16 PM
So after 10 years of being Scott Steiner's punching bag:

I've decided to get things done for once. The problem before when I tried to get an exercise going was that I overdid things too much. 40 mins on a station for a guy who doesn't work out at all and is incredibly lazy isn't going to work in length. So I thought I'd make a plan for the fat lazy dude. 3 stations, 10 minutes on each, 30 mins in total, all focused on parts to improve drumming and my most inflatable parts. First station is the crosstrainer, for the pedals and warming up for the next station. Second is just some weights for each arm, helping for the sticks and better stamina in the wrists. Third and finally is the rowing machine for pretty much everything, but mostly for the belly which is A FAT, OUT OF SHAPE FAT SON'MA BITCH! All training is done with music on the side, being:

1: Any long Dream Theater song
2: Slow and heavy Meshuggah songs
3: Fuckin' Slayer

The idea is to run the 10 min on each station thing for maybe 2 weeks. If I feel like it I'll will increase it to 15 after that, and so on. My problem has always been to make this a common ritual of the day; you have to start somewhere.

Oh yeah, I do some stretching in the end just in case. I even do one for the legs that Jennybee will find common, only a little different:
[Image: 1000x1000.jpg]

I don't wanna fucking quit this time, so I'll use this post as a reminder

Wish me luck... if you care, or something... bye

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post