Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-11-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(05-11-2014 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 12:13 PM)Impulse Wrote:  3:05... whoa, that's a 7:04 minute/mile pace. If you ever do that, I will Bowing

Still slower than those 6 minute miles you used to knock out easily. Shocking

Actually it was 6 1/2 minute miles, but it was also for 17 miles. 26.2 probably would have been a different story.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-11-2014, 03:47 PM
(05-11-2014 03:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Actually it was 6 1/2 minute miles, but it was also for 17 miles. 26.2 probably would have been a different story.

17 mile training run - and you can never go as fast in training as on race day, I find... So methinks you're still too bloody modest sirrah. What's your half-marathon PB? Gotta be around the 80 - 85 minute mark?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-11-2014, 05:24 PM
(05-11-2014 12:13 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hah. My qualifying time is 3:05. Qualifying time... Holy fuckballs. That's savage. No wonder people want to run that race Smile Still, I'm pretty sure I can get there someday... Moar training, less laziness Smile

3:05... whoa, that's a 7:04 minute/mile pace. If you ever do that, I will Bowing

I'm happy that I run on average, an 8:30 mm. Laugh out load Sub 8mm? It will never happen for me. No

Someone asked me here why I run intervals/sprints, but I can't find the post now. Rolleyes

I've run a few 5k's, but my main motivation is just me. lol I enjoy sprints.

I also enjoy my longer runs. I should be out there right now doing so, but it was a long day at work...and feel the need to relax right now. Drinking Beverage

I'm so happy to read all of these running reports in here!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
05-11-2014, 05:28 PM
(05-11-2014 03:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Actually it was 6 1/2 minute miles,

Gasp

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
(19-10-2014 05:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I hope this thread is helpful and positive!

This thread was very helpful today! I wasn't planning on working out, but I simply saw this thread just staring at me, and I got motivated! I did a pilates abs and booty workout. And I'll probably do some nice relaxing yoga before bed. Thanks for making this thread! Thumbsup

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 4 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
05-11-2014, 08:34 PM
(05-11-2014 08:10 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 05:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I hope this thread is helpful and positive!

This thread was very helpful today! I wasn't planning on working out, but I simply saw this thread just staring at me, and I got motivated! I did a pilates abs and booty workout. And I'll probably do some nice relaxing yoga before bed. Thanks for making this thread! Thumbsup

Really?? That's so great! Pilates abs workouts can be tough...so glad to hear this!
Yes Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
07-11-2014, 01:26 PM
(05-11-2014 03:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  17 mile training run - and you can never go as fast in training as on race day, I find... So methinks you're still too bloody modest sirrah. What's your half-marathon PB? Gotta be around the 80 - 85 minute mark?

Remember though, that was back in college, more than 30 years ago. There's no way I could do that now. And, although it was a training run, I was doing my utmost to keep up with our best runner on the team so I was pretty much racing. He was about a quarter mile ahead of me, but I kept on seeing him on the longer stretches of road and kept trying. Plus, 17 miles is only 2/3 marathon distance which is why I really don't think I'm being modest. I remember being dead at the end of that run and I'm sure I couldn't have held that pace for another 9.2 miles.

I actually never ran a half marathon until about a year and a half ago. It's still the only one I have run and I finished in 1:53.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
07-11-2014, 01:37 PM
(05-11-2014 05:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm happy that I run on average, an 8:30 mm. Laugh out load Sub 8mm? It will never happen for me. No

8:30 is pretty fast. Good job! Thumbsup

(05-11-2014 05:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Someone asked me here why I run intervals/sprints, but I can't find the post now. Rolleyes

I've run a few 5k's, but my main motivation is just me. lol I enjoy sprints.

That was me who asked. I was just curious. Since that's what you enjoy, then more power to you. Congrats on the 5k's too.

(05-11-2014 05:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I also enjoy my longer runs. I should be out there right now doing so, but it was a long day at work...and feel the need to relax right now. Drinking Beverage

Recovery is important too. Just as long as you don't get too used to it. Tongue

07-11-2014, 03:12 PM
(05-11-2014 05:28 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Actually it was 6 1/2 minute miles,

Gasp

It was over 30 years ago. I'm generally running around 9 minute miles now during training. Last spring I ran a 5k race at a 7:42 min/mile pace. About a year ago, I ran a 5 miler at just over an 8:00 min/mile pace. Anything longer and it's 8:35 and up. So I've slowed down considerably. Tongue

07-11-2014, 06:44 PM
I wish I had a workout partner

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube