Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-09-2015, 05:27 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(30-08-2015 03:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 02:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, I need to be a bit more intelligent about my approach to being diseased Sad First I used to ignore it, but then it takes forever to come right. Then I tried not running but I go mental and still get sick. I might just have to visit the quack.

Definitely. I don't like visiting the doc, but I know my body and there just comes times when I need an antibiotic or it will never go away, whatever it is at that time. I hope you get better soon. Hug

Today, I decided to do a cross fit routine at the gym, with deadlifts, squats, sit ups, burpees, and bicep work. It was fun, but so tiring. Didn't give myself too much 'rest' between sessions. Then, went for a walk and enjoyed the nice weather for the afternoon.

Glad there is a long weekend next weekend, with Labor Day coming and all. I love long weekends. Heart

[Image: 35f9753f0a377e6268677d279db2c0b1.jpg]

Big Grin

Then just lift weights, the more you work out your muscles, the more calories will go to them.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Yay! Back to regular yoga schedule! One hour of yin yoga (so relaxing!) and 15 minutes of meditation. Drinking tea now.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-09-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm gonna go for a run as soon as the sun comes up. I may go to the park I got lost in earlier this year, it was so pretty. The concrete and gated neighborhoods I can't enter that I live next to now are so boring - and with traffic headphones aren't safe for use. I was super spoiled with my old trail.

It's been about a month - good god I've been laaaaazy.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
04-09-2015, 04:02 AM
I've lost 3 KG (6.6 pounds) since I last weighed myself, which was about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it has to do with exercise or eating less. Regardless, it's good news.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 5 users Like ELK12695's post
04-09-2015, 04:17 AM
Just did my monthly check in. Progress is being made!!!

When i first started tracking seven months ago:
207 lbs; 18.9% body fat.

Today:
197 lbs; 12.6% body fat.

EOY goal:
195 lbs; 8% body fat

I hate the waiting....Drinking Beverage

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 3 users Like Tonechaser77's post
04-09-2015, 07:57 AM
(31-08-2015 06:58 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  So, I took a week off from working out (still did some stretches), and after starting back up I realized two things:

1. How much I missed it

2. Immediately felt the burn of squats during the cool down.

Other than for medical reasons, has anyone else experienced regret from taking time off from body design?

Oh, yes. When I walk back into the gym after a hiatus and the sights, sounds, and smell hit me I think wow, I am so happy to be here, I've missed this place! Then I hit the weight machines and realize that I have to set all the weights lower than I'm used to, and I get mad at myself.

Yet it is so, so hard, once I stop going to the gym for a week, to make myself go back. I'm lucky in that we have gym equipment in our basement, but I never work out as hard in the basement as I do at the gym.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
04-09-2015, 07:42 PM
30 minutes hatha yoga and 30 minutes core work and hip openers. Now for vegan ice cream!! Drooling Heart
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
04-09-2015, 08:10 PM
OMG, this is adorable (and the guy in the video is not bad either Big Grin )

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Partied with friends like there was no tomorrow, yesterday. What a weird sentence. Unsure

I didn't work out today, to my chagrin. Tomorrow and Monday, I'll be making up for it. Yes

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
05-09-2015, 06:25 PM
(04-09-2015 04:02 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I've lost 3 KG (6.6 pounds) since I last weighed myself, which was about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it has to do with exercise or eating less. Regardless, it's good news.

that's awesome!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post