Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-09-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(17-09-2015 12:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 11:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh please, you're a marathon runner. I'm sure you look great! Thumbsup

Yeah... so when I stop running... all the fat that's been chasing me catches up Sad Anyway, I'm working on it...

You'll be back to your old self in no time. I am sure u r still a cutie, though Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-09-2015, 01:05 AM
(17-09-2015 12:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 12:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah... so when I stop running... all the fat that's been chasing me catches up Sad Anyway, I'm working on it...

You'll be back to your old self in no time. I am sure u r still a cutie, though Tongue

Blush

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-09-2015, 02:40 PM
I usually spend some time at the gym every day. Though since having kids, I haven't been able to do it as much as I'd like. Especially since my wife works so much. I need to get a weight set for at home, once we can afford it.
[+] 2 users Like Ash's post
17-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Yes, Ash...try to find a work around, because it's the best gift you can give to yourself and your family...your health. Smile

As for me, have been running mainly this week. Not long runs, some sprints, but this weekend going back to the gym. Just been raining a lot, and don't feel like getting home from work and then heading back out into the rain.

Happy Friday, hotties! Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
18-09-2015, 11:34 AM
When we had someone renting our room, I was able to get to the gym every day since we had a live-in babysitter. Now I'd say I only really get to work out on weekends. I do make sure I walk almost 2 miles each day. Out to the public library and back. Usually my oldest daughter rides her bike with me while I follow her. If our neighborhood were bigger, i'd probably get more walking done.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
18-09-2015, 03:33 PM
(18-09-2015 11:34 AM)Ash Wrote:  When we had someone renting our room, I was able to get to the gym every day since we had a live-in babysitter. Now I'd say I only really get to work out on weekends. I do make sure I walk almost 2 miles each day. Out to the public library and back. Usually my oldest daughter rides her bike with me while I follow her. If our neighborhood were bigger, i'd probably get more walking done.

Maybe working out before work would help?

Happy Friday (again) to you all...happy it is finally here!! Big GrinCoolHeart

19-09-2015, 11:08 AM
sigh

sprained my left foot and ankle last tuesday, how I am not sure....realize I average 5+ miles on my feet a day at my job...hobbling around like an old man pisses me off....the pain and swelling in my left ankle and foot pisses me off....a pissed off GWG isn't good for anyone around me Angry

Today after icing it and elevating it for a couple hours I just decided F it, I am going to the gym anyway damnit...been 5 days and I am twitching...had to go to the store first to buy a next larger size of tennis shoe so I can gingerly squeeze my elephant foot into my tennis shoe ....FML.

Lets see how this goes...so glad the wife isnt home to tell me how stupid I am right now for going to the gym. F it, only live once.

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-09-2015, 11:37 AM
(19-09-2015 11:08 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  sigh

sprained my left foot and ankle last tuesday, how I am not sure....realize I average 5+ miles on my feet a day at my job...hobbling around like an old man pisses me off....the pain and swelling in my left ankle and foot pisses me off....a pissed off GWG isn't good for anyone around me Angry

Today after icing it and elevating it for a couple hours I just decided F it, I am going to the gym anyway damnit...been 5 days and I am twitching...had to go to the store first to buy a next larger size of tennis shoe so I can gingerly squeeze my elephant foot into my tennis shoe ....FML.

Lets see how this goes...so glad the wife isnt home to tell me how stupid I am right now for going to the gym. F it, only live once.

Flex

Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-09-2015, 05:29 PM

Flex

only live once, but don't live it in pain Big Grin
hope you heal up very soon!! Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
19-09-2015, 09:14 PM

Flex

I feel your pain....literally. I badly sprained my foot falling down the stairs last March and it's still healing. My foot was swollen twice it's size and it was black and blue all over. The tendons had torn and caused blood to pool on the bottom of my foot just under the skin. So what did I do? I took three weeks off of ballet classes and yoga and then went back with my foot wrapped up. That was waaaay too soon. I was supposed to wear a medical boot thingy on my foot for at least 6 weeks but got impatient.

Anyway, what seemed to really help was having surgery on my sinuses. Funny, that. You see, it forced me to stay in bed for several days and totally rest up for another two weeks. I wasn't supposed to bend over or lift anything since doing so might have caused my sinuses to bleed and the stitches to tear. My foot still gets sore if I walk long distances but forced bed rest is what helped me the most.

I took my first yoga class last Thursday after two month off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post