Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-09-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I have a sports hernia

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 01:17 PM
21 k this morning - sucked Undecided I'm gonna hafta go see a physio I think. Sigh. Frikken body. Also I think my running shoes are hurting me...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-09-2015, 01:43 PM
(20-09-2015 01:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  21 k this morning - sucked Undecided I'm gonna hafta go see a physio I think. Sigh. Frikken body. Also I think my running shoes are hurting me...

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(20-09-2015 01:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I have a sports hernia

Hug
20-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Okay, I'm tired from hugging people now Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
20-09-2015, 01:46 PM
(19-09-2015 09:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 11:08 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  sigh

sprained my left foot and ankle last tuesday, how I am not sure....realize I average 5+ miles on my feet a day at my job...hobbling around like an old man pisses me off....the pain and swelling in my left ankle and foot pisses me off....a pissed off GWG isn't good for anyone around me Angry

Today after icing it and elevating it for a couple hours I just decided F it, I am going to the gym anyway damnit...been 5 days and I am twitching...had to go to the store first to buy a next larger size of tennis shoe so I can gingerly squeeze my elephant foot into my tennis shoe ....FML.

Lets see how this goes...so glad the wife isnt home to tell me how stupid I am right now for going to the gym. F it, only live once.

Flex

I feel your pain....literally. I badly sprained my foot falling down the stairs last March and it's still healing. My foot was swollen twice it's size and it was black and blue all over. The tendons had torn and caused blood to pool on the bottom of my foot just under the skin. So what did I do? I took three weeks off of ballet classes and yoga and then went back with my foot wrapped up. That was waaaay too soon. I was supposed to wear a medical boot thingy on my foot for at least 6 weeks but got impatient.

Anyway, what seemed to really help was having surgery on my sinuses. Funny, that. You see, it forced me to stay in bed for several days and totally rest up for another two weeks. I wasn't supposed to bend over or lift anything since doing so might have caused my sinuses to bleed and the stitches to tear. My foot still gets sore if I walk long distances but forced bed rest is what helped me the most.

I took my first yoga class last Thursday after two month off.

oops forgot one Big Grin Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
20-09-2015, 01:52 PM
(20-09-2015 01:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay, I'm tired from hugging people now Tongue

I hug you back Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-09-2015, 04:23 PM
(20-09-2015 01:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay, I'm tired from hugging people now Tongue

I'm so sorry to hear that.Sadcryface

You need a hugging rest.

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-09-2015, 04:54 PM
So I've been working out in my yard the last few days. The grassy area between the sidewalk and the street, what I've always called the causeway, has been a pain to mow (I have an old fashioned push mower) so I've dug up the grass and I'm filling that area with cobblestone looking bricks. So far it looks great. I haven't taken a picture of it but it yet but it looks similar to this...

[Image: 30022563-Paved-road-outdoors-photography...-Photo.jpg]

Anyway, I'm about halfway through and it is quite the workout. I've shoveled a base layer of gravel then a layer of sand then I've placed the bricks in the sand and leveled it out . There's a simple pattern to the bricks. I'll fill the spaces between the bricks with sand when I'm finished. This is a lot of physical work and I'm getting a ton of weight bearing exercise in while fixing our front yard.

Yup. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-09-2015, 09:15 PM
(20-09-2015 01:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  21 k this morning - sucked Undecided I'm gonna hafta go see a physio I think. Sigh. Frikken body. Also I think my running shoes are hurting me...

Maybe you just need a rest. You are running long distances close together, no? Or maybe I just think you are. Unsure

Hope you heal up soon. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post