Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(17-07-2017 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I've looked into this from you talking about it here, and it looks SO good, and rewarding!! Can't wait to hear what you did. Smile

Okay, so this off topic, but this is the most adorable emoji I've seen lately:

Frusty

He's just tapping his head on the wall. Big Grin Okay, maybe I'm tired.

That is a cute emoji. This one's my favorite: Drinking Beverage because it reminds me of Starbucks Tongue

I'll report back after class and let you know what we did tonight. I have to say I feel a lot more confident in terms of protecting myself if I had to after taking KM. If you do decide to take a class, for me it was all about the instructor. I wanted one who would push me and not "treat me like a girl." I had a karate teacher back in the day who did that and it was just not helpful. The place I go also offers self-defense courses specifically for women, which I think is a nice addition to the other things I'm learning.

I've seen people fly into a rage over the Drinking Beverage emoji. Context, context, context. Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-07-2017, 10:52 PM
(17-07-2017 08:47 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 10:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Whee, long day. Just got back from work (around midnight). My car finally broke. I mean, I've been trying to run it into the ground so I have an excuse to buy a new one, except it chose to do it away from home, while camping, when I had to go to work that morning (while the rest of the family stayed for one more day). So... I left on my bike and it took about 5 hours to get to work lol. I can't go car shopping until Tuesday, which means I bike to work tomorrow morning again. And it's a long freaking bike commute, even without having to ride back from camping, so bed time for a bit of rest before my forced workout Tongue

My advice for after: Yoga and a hot bath Thumbsup

I'm thinking yoga and a cold bath.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-07-2017, 11:00 PM
(16-07-2017 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 10:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Whee, long day. Just got back from work (around midnight). My car finally broke. I mean, I've been trying to run it into the ground so I have an excuse to buy a new one, except it chose to do it away from home, while camping, when I had to go to work that morning (while the rest of the family stayed for one more day). So... I left on my bike and it took about 5 hours to get to work lol. I can't go car shopping until Tuesday, which means I bike to work tomorrow morning again. And it's a long freaking bike commute, even without having to ride back from camping, so bed time for a bit of rest before my forced workout Tongue

Sorry about the broken car. My like was more a lol at you forced to ride to work... Which is slightly cruel, but you seem pretty chilled about it.

It's a pretty relaxing ride. Mostly along the Ottawa River, so hills aren't too bad. I'd rather give my ass a break than do it on the day after a 5 hour ride, though. Maybe twice per on non consecutive days.

'Murican Canadian
18-07-2017, 07:37 AM
(17-07-2017 06:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sounds like a great workout! I love those days when you push yourself. Flex I'm going to Krav Maga in a few and am hoping to get my sweat on as well Thumbsup

I've looked into this from you talking about it here, and it looks SO good, and rewarding!! Can't wait to hear what you did. Smile

Frusty

Last night at class: Jumping jacks, burpees, push ups, ab work, drills with the bag. We also worked on kicks, upper cuts, elbow strikes, straight punches etc. Also practiced various techniques-hair grab (which my instructor loves to use me for 'cause I got one long ponytail Tongue ), wrist grab, foot grab, leg grab, and shirt grab. We also did my favorite which is the Circle of Death. Evil_monster Tongue Basically, one person is in the center of the circle (the person getting attacked) and everyone attacks you one right after the other while you try to defend yourself.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-07-2017, 07:42 AM
(17-07-2017 07:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That is a cute emoji. This one's my favorite: Drinking Beverage because it reminds me of Starbucks Tongue

I'll report back after class and let you know what we did tonight. I have to say I feel a lot more confident in terms of protecting myself if I had to after taking KM. If you do decide to take a class, for me it was all about the instructor. I wanted one who would push me and not "treat me like a girl." I had a karate teacher back in the day who did that and it was just not helpful. The place I go also offers self-defense courses specifically for women, which I think is a nice addition to the other things I'm learning.

I've seen people fly into a rage over the Drinking Beverage emoji. Context, context, context. Laugh out load

Yes that Drinking Beverage emoji is serious business Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Did pulls and legs and core yesterday, Lat pulldowns and all sorts of curls, rows, 90 crunches at increasing loads. Nursing a sore hammy, hope to get back running soon though.
Today I will do presses and the core again. It does not seem to hurt at all, anymore. The arms are mad the next day but my core is like, whatever. I guess I need to up that game, but when my core does hurt it's a long day at work Wink
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-07-2017, 07:54 AM
(18-07-2017 07:52 AM)skyking Wrote:  Did pulls and legs and core yesterday, Lat pulldowns and all sorts of curls, rows, 90 crunches at increasing loads. Nursing a sore hammy, hope to get back running soon though.

Hope you feel better soon!

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-07-2017, 08:26 AM
me too. just feels like a cramp waiting at all times.
18-07-2017, 08:48 AM
(18-07-2017 07:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I've looked into this from you talking about it here, and it looks SO good, and rewarding!! Can't wait to hear what you did. Smile

Frusty

Last night at class: Jumping jacks, burpees, push ups, ab work, drills with the bag. We also worked on kicks, upper cuts, elbow strikes, straight punches etc. Also practiced various techniques-hair grab (which my instructor loves to use me for 'cause I got one long ponytail Tongue ), wrist grab, foot grab, leg grab, and shirt grab. We also did my favorite which is the Circle of Death. Evil_monster Tongue Basically, one person is in the center of the circle (the person getting attacked) and everyone attacks you one right after the other while you try to defend yourself.

Bowing This sounds amazing!!
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
18-07-2017, 08:49 AM
(17-07-2017 11:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry about the broken car. My like was more a lol at you forced to ride to work... Which is slightly cruel, but you seem pretty chilled about it.

It's a pretty relaxing ride. Mostly along the Ottawa River, so hills aren't too bad. I'd rather give my ass a break than do it on the day after a 5 hour ride, though. Maybe twice per on non consecutive days.

It takes you five hours to bike to work? Gasp