Atheists wish Christians knew...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Atheists wish Christians knew...
I wish christians knew more about physics and forgery and how their bible was rewritten a 1000 different ways to Sunday. I wish they knew more about biblical history and history in general. I wish they knew that priests are capable of lying and that their entire religion fosters unspeakable acts of harm while at the same time mentally comforts the abuser with the promise of heaven and forgiveness.

I wish they knew more about the real world.

~Fin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
16-02-2016, 11:41 PM
How ridiculous they sound when they talk about their religion.
16-02-2016, 11:51 PM
They do know how ridiculous they sound. It's why they get defensive really easily.

I wish they knew that so many of their "sins" are silly and that they do harm, lots of harm, to people by e.g. demonizing sexuality, abortion, women's rights, disobedience to authority etc.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Same thing several have already said. They can believe whatever they wish just don't make it our laws!!!
17-02-2016, 05:29 AM
An atheist is not necessarily someone who is certain there is no god but, more often than not, it is someone who simply lacks a belief in any god.

We are not angry with God. That would require us believing that he exists and we don't.

Buddhism is a form of atheism since Buddhists do not believe in anything that could be described as a god, but I don't see Christians getting all antsy about them.

Atheism is not a reaction to Christianity. Atheists and critics of religion have been around for thousands of years and many historical figures Christians admire were atheists.

We're not trying to destroy religion. We're just trying to stop it from doing harm. We mainly want it out of schools and out of politics, not out of homes.

I will now stop otherwise my list will be huge. There are so many things about atheism Christians are oblivious to.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
17-02-2016, 05:38 AM
(17-02-2016 05:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  An atheist is not necessarily someone who is certain there is no god but, more often than not, it is someone who simply lacks a belief in any god.

We are not angry with God. That would require us believing that he exists and we don't.

Buddhism is a form of atheism since Buddhists do not believe in anything that could be described as a god, but I don't see Christians getting all antsy about them.

Atheism is not a reaction to Christianity. Atheists and critics of religion have been around for thousands of years and many historical figures Christians admire were atheists.

We're not trying to destroy religion. We're just trying to stop it from doing harm. We mainly want it out of schools and out of politics, not out of homes.

I will now stop otherwise my list will be huge. There are so many things about atheism Christians are oblivious to.

Julius Caesar was apparently an atheist, but became Pontifex Maximus. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Also, snakes don't have vocal chords.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
17-02-2016, 12:24 PM
(16-02-2016 01:12 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Note: I am not sure whether this post violates the letter or spirit of the rules of this forum. I looked through the rules and see nothing against it, but I might have missed something, so if I did, I fully expect this post to be removed and the reasons explained. I am posting this to promote my blog and hopefully draw some of you folks to read it. I'm not trying to sneak it past anyone. I want clicks!

But I also think this is a good conversation topic for this forum, and I'm crafting this post in a way that makes it unnecessary to visit my blog to get the point. I went through several pages and could not find a recent thread with this topic, though I would be flabbergasted if it has not come up before.

So with no further ado.

I've been compiling a list of blog entries called "Atheists wish Christians knew" on my page. I've seen numerous lists on various sites, and I'm sure there's a thread or two covering the subject here, though I could not find one this afternoon.

So far, I've got:

* Atheists don't worship Satan, and neither do most Satanists.

* The problem isn't public religion, it's public religion (meaning: the problem atheists tend to have with religion is not that people are open about it, but that they try to get government to promote it).

* In the same vein as public religion, atheists don't care if Christians pray. We only care when you try to get our kids to pray by making our government mandate it.

* It takes no faith to be an atheist.

* We are more moral than God, and so are most theists.

What else would you put on this list? I'm looking for discussion here and, honestly, ideas for future posts.

I wish they knew how to stfu about their faith and keep it to themselves unless asked.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
17-02-2016, 12:36 PM
(16-02-2016 02:40 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Interesting blog.

I would include something about how a large amount of atheists were actually religious at one time. I know that is not true for everyone but it irritates me that so many christians think "we don't get it" or "we just haven't heard this apologetic" or something like that.

Or we haven't reaaaaalllly welcomed Jesus into our hearts. When I was a believer if I welcomed Jesus any more into my heart, I would have given birth to him myself. Hobo
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
17-02-2016, 12:39 PM
(17-02-2016 12:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 02:40 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Interesting blog.

I would include something about how a large amount of atheists were actually religious at one time. I know that is not true for everyone but it irritates me that so many christians think "we don't get it" or "we just haven't heard this apologetic" or something like that.

Or we haven't reaaaaalllly welcomed Jesus into our hearts. When I was a believer if I welcomed Jesus any more into my heart, I would have given birth to him myself. Hobo

Frankly if I were JC there's other places I'd rather be welcomed Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post