Athiesm is illogical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: Athiesm is illogical
(05-10-2015 07:42 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 04:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And now class, here we have a fantastic representation of a person taking known facts and extrapolating them out to absurdity.

While he is accurate in saying that the earth will eventually be destroyed, and humanity will eventually stop existing, he fails to take into account the time difference between these events and now; humanity has at the most ~5 billion years to continue existing if the view is centred around the sun (though this is span of time is highly unlikely). There is no reason not to attempt to keep the planet on which we live habitable (to 'save' the planet, in order words) in the meantime and ensure the continuation of human existence by doing so.

Let's make a game of it; what can we decide is no longer worth doing because it has a finite time limit? I'll start:
All humans will eventually die; there is no point in attempting to live due to this fact.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson said;"We are on a one way trip to oblivion. " I heard him say it. Does that make him guilty of extrapolating to absurdity? Besides that was my best scenario. Our demise could happen much sooner. Terrorists could detonate enough dirty bombs to wipe us out in the near future. We could get wiped out by war, famine, or disease. Scientists say a meteor could strike the earth within the next 30,000 years and wipe us out.

The universe existed long before we arrived. It started on its current course without us, it continues on the same course it would have had we not arrived, and it will continue on precisely the same course after we are gone. We are completely irrelevant to the universe. We contribute nothing to the universe. We are completely insignificant in the universe. We serve no purpose in the universe. We are helpless bystanders. How interesting, look up the word meaningless in your Thesaurus and you will find several of my aforementioned words right there.

Dave K

So you're a nihilist. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 07:45 PM
(18-08-2015 01:00 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 05:47 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  There are only two possibilities; God exists or life is totally meaningless.

The universe is under no obligation to be nice.

That's exactly my point. Unless we destroy ourselves first the universe will destroy us.

Dave K
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2015, 07:48 PM
(02-08-2015 06:31 AM)Brandenburg Wrote:  Reasoning:
Universe - many billions of years old
Earth - much less so
Planets - millions if not billions
advanced tech on Earth - a few years
possibility of advanced tech on other planets - 99.999999%
possibility of runaway advancement beyond what we know as tech - highly likely
possibility of inorganic beings - no way of knowing as we are no where near that state of "evolution"
Probability we are the most advanced entities in the universe - infinitesimally small
Possible risk in assuming we are the most advanced entities in the universe - potentially catastrophic
God (understood as a higher being) - highly logical
Our understanding of God - work in progress for many
Deniers of God - nieve[/font]

No, YOU'RE illogical!

Seriously, you are as dumb as a box of rocks.

That which doesn't kill me will soon regret its failure.
[+] 2 users Like WarGoddess's post
05-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Lol at the original post. Let me see if I can try their reasoning....

Cars have engines = 99.999%
Cars use gasoline = Absolutely
Cars can someday run on something other than gas = Highly likely
Cars can someday fly = Probability very high
Aliens might pilot cars on other planets = Probability likely
Zeus therefore exists = Super logical
Non-zeusists = Naive (I spelled it correctly)

CHECKMATE ATHETITS.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
05-10-2015, 07:53 PM
I ain't no athy about no tits, man. Undecided

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-10-2015, 07:58 PM
(05-10-2015 07:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:42 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  Neil DeGrasse Tyson said;"We are on a one way trip to oblivion. " I heard him say it. Does that make him guilty of extrapolating to absurdity? Besides that was my best scenario. Our demise could happen much sooner. Terrorists could detonate enough dirty bombs to wipe us out in the near future. We could get wiped out by war, famine, or disease. Scientists say a meteor could strike the earth within the next 30,000 years and wipe us out.

The universe existed long before we arrived. It started on its current course without us, it continues on the same course it would have had we not arrived, and it will continue on precisely the same course after we are gone. We are completely irrelevant to the universe. We contribute nothing to the universe. We are completely insignificant in the universe. We serve no purpose in the universe. We are helpless bystanders. How interesting, look up the word meaningless in your Thesaurus and you will find several of my aforementioned words right there.

Dave K

So you're a nihilist. Undecided

No I'm not a nihilist, I'm a christian.

I'm just using science and reason to try to get atheists to understand the implications of not believing that God exists.

Dave K
05-10-2015, 08:02 PM
(05-10-2015 07:53 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I ain't no athy about no tits, man. Undecided

Why do you have to be talking about women's body parts? Is this what you do here alla time? You're bloody misogynist.

[+] 2 users Like WarGoddess's post
05-10-2015, 08:07 PM
LOL, this guy dropped this bullshit and hasn't responded once. I think we've been trolled! At leastI hope so, no one should be that stupid. I mean, who dresses him?

[+] 3 users Like WarGoddess's post
05-10-2015, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 08:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-10-2015 07:58 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So you're a nihilist. Undecided

No I'm not a nihilist, I'm a christian.

I'm just using science and reason to try to get atheists to understand the implications of not believing that God exists.

Dave K

Then you're on a fool's errand. "No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him". Faith is not about science and reason. YOUR theology teaches that.
Faith is the abandonment of reason.
The only reason you think without your l'il blankey-boo (god) your life is meaningless, is that you've been trained to think that way.
Mother Teresa (who died an atheist) wrote in her memoirs "That which I see in myself, I fear to name" (atheism). She lost her faith, just like Bonhoffer. YOU cannot say life is meaningless for anyone other than yourself. If YOU need your Santa/blankey, by all means, cling to them, child.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-10-2015, 08:11 PM
(18-08-2015 05:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 05:47 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  I based my above arguments on science and reason. I assumed for the sake of argument that atheists are correct when they say God doesn't exist.

I happen to believe that God does exist which changes my perspective completely.

There are only two possibilities; God exists or life is totally meaningless.

You only see two possibilities. Sucks to be you.

I mean I see at least three. The third being about valhalla, babes and beer.

[Image: iphone_13379_1_other_wallpapers_vikings_..._party.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post