Athiesm is illogical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Athiesm is illogical
(05-10-2015 09:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:51 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Yep, nihilist.

I am also a nihilist. In fact, I suspect that most participants in this discussion are nihilists. Nihilism is not the issue.

The issue is that David doesn't appear to actually understand nihilism. He seems to have read about the basic idea and then failed to explore any of the follow-up, which leaves him with this worthless little non-argument about something he fails to define being non-existent, then attempting to tell those who are using an actually defined term that they are silly for doing so. It's base equivocation, and it's one of the most pointless things that you could ever say on the subject.

Unfortunately, it's also rather common among teenagers who have just heard of Nietzsche for the first time, and who haven't actually read anything that he wrote.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: nihilism is fact. Existentialism is how you deal with that fact.

Agree. I was more thinking aloud more the fact that he claimed he isn't a nihilist but everything he said is nihilism to the T.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 11:08 PM
(05-10-2015 09:40 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Please define 'worth'

Girl_nails

Please define 'define'.

Laugh out load

Verb. To make not fine; to thicken.

Wink

05-10-2015, 11:13 PM
(05-10-2015 09:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  ...
I've said it before, but it bears repeating: nihilism is fact. Existentialism is how you deal with that fact.

I'd 'like' this but my raging insecurities prevent me from showing affection when it will not be reciprocated. Without 'likes' there is no meaning to this universe

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2015, 12:13 AM
(05-10-2015 11:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 09:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  ...

I'd 'like' this but my raging insecurities prevent me from showing affection when it will not be reciprocated. Without 'likes' there is no meaning to this universe

Eh, it's moreso rather absurd either way.

I'd say so what to mr. christian guy here who I'm too lazy to quote. So you wish to tell the people who think there is nothing in terms of inert meaning that there is nothing going to happen to them if they don't believe in god. Sounds fine.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-10-2015, 12:51 AM
(05-10-2015 11:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'd 'like' this but my raging insecurities prevent me from showing affection when it will not be reciprocated.

You came to the wrong guy for reciprocation. I despise each and every one of you on a deeply personal level. It's not merely that you do bad things; it is that you are bad people.

and also "likes" are another thing that makes me feel very silly yes

smalltext is the closest i ever get to humor

me irl

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
06-10-2015, 01:06 AM
Somebody let me know if the chew-toy makes another squeak.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-10-2015, 01:09 AM
(06-10-2015 12:51 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  ...
You came to the wrong guy for reciprocation. I despise each and every one of you on a deeply personal level. It's not merely that you do bad things; it is that you are bad people.

This is because you hate god, isn't it?

Unsure

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-10-2015, 01:38 AM
(06-10-2015 01:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 12:51 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  ...

This is because you hate god, isn't it?

Unsure

I don't know. Personally, I have a severe allergic reaction to stupid. Undecided

06-10-2015, 01:47 AM
(06-10-2015 01:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 01:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This is because you hate god, isn't it?

Unsure

I don't know. Personally, I have a severe allergic reaction to stupid. Undecided

So you hate God Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-10-2015, 01:53 AM
(06-10-2015 01:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 01:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't know. Personally, I have a severe allergic reaction to stupid. Undecided

So you hate God Tongue

I hate the idea of god, as evidently no god actually exists. But all of their fan clubs seem filled with wankers. Dodgy