Athiesm is illogical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2016 06:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Athiesm is illogical
(28-01-2016 04:49 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  I'm sorry but your reasoning is wrong. If God does not exist death is the ultimate reality, not life.

Don't take my word for it. Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "We are on a one way trip to oblivion.

This bothers you why? You looking for some other destination? Not happening. Only thing we ain't sure of is which dive we do into the abyss. Big Freeze or heat death, Big Rip, Big Crunch, Big Bounce, Multiverse: no complete end, False vacuum, Cosmic uncertainty. Don't bellyflop it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-01-2016, 06:17 PM
(28-01-2016 04:49 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  If God does not exist death is the ultimate reality, not life.

Putting aside for a moment that your statement is a non sequitur, how could an "ultimate reality" exclude either one? It would have to include life and death rather than being an either/or situation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
28-01-2016, 06:27 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2016, 02:12 AM
(28-01-2016 04:49 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  If God does not exist death is the ultimate reality, not life.

Word salad.

Life is a reality and death is the end.

Just because life has an end, that doesnt mean its not a reality. Who fed you this bullshit?

Dont ike that? Well the universe doesnt give a $hit about what you like or not.
Now stop whining about reality and wasting your precious time and start giving your fucking short miserable (until now) life some sense before its completely down the religious drain.
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
29-01-2016, 02:25 AM
(28-01-2016 04:49 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  I'm sorry but your reasoning is wrong. If God does not exist death is the ultimate reality, not life.

So what?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
29-01-2016, 02:34 AM
(29-01-2016 02:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

So what?

So we must all cry, believe in stupid God (how does one believe if the evidence is such shit? Riddle me that DK) and repent for offending stupid God and hope that he sees us crying and thinks "Yes, I could just use another arse-licker in my heaven, *you* can live forever, little arselicker. Make sure you lick really well. For eternity."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-01-2016, 07:49 PM
(15-08-2015 04:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's make a game of it; what can we decide is no longer worth doing because it has a finite time limit? I'll start:
All humans will eventually die; there is no point in attempting to live due to this fact.

The unsaved (or the heathens, or the unbaptized, or whichever 'them' one prefers) are hellbound anyway, so mistreating them in the short term (their lives) makes no difference. So lets play bomb the towelhead, smear the queer, gas that one, burn the other one. Cage the rest so maybe they'll find god. It'll be good for 'em.

(18-08-2015 05:24 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  Mr Dawkins wrote a book about evolution titled "The greatest show on earth". I haven't read the book...<snip>

Here it is. Listen twice, then come back as soon as you finish. Tell us what you learned and, if you must, why you knew all of it was wrong ahead of time.

I think I'm pissed off about something. I wonder what.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
29-01-2016, 09:31 PM
(29-01-2016 07:49 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 04:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's make a game of it; what can we decide is no longer worth doing because it has a finite time limit? I'll start:
All humans will eventually die; there is no point in attempting to live due to this fact.

The unsaved (or the heathens, or the unbaptized, or whichever 'them' one prefers) are hellbound anyway, so mistreating them in the short term (their lives) makes no difference. So lets play bomb the towelhead, smear the queer, gas that one, burn the other one. Cage the rest so maybe they'll find god. It'll be good for 'em.

(18-08-2015 05:24 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  Mr Dawkins wrote a book about evolution titled "The greatest show on earth". I haven't read the book...<snip>

Here it is. Listen twice, then come back as soon as you finish. Tell us what you learned and, if you must, why you knew all of it was wrong ahead of time.

I think I'm pissed off about something. I wonder what.

29-01-2016, 10:23 PM
(29-01-2016 02:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 02:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So what?

So we must all cry, believe in stupid God (how does one believe if the evidence is such shit? Riddle me that DK) and repent for offending stupid God and hope that he sees us crying and thinks "Yes, I could just use another arse-licker in my heaven, *you* can live forever, little arselicker. Make sure you lick really well. For eternity."

Oh silly, of course belief is a choice! Just like being gay! Unless of course you're already one of the chosen heterosexuals, in which case choosing the opposite is inconceivable! Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-01-2016, 09:35 AM
<edited>