Athiesm is illogical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Athiesm is illogical
(28-01-2016 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:49 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  I'm sorry but your reasoning is wrong. If God does not exist death is the ultimate reality, not life.

Don't take my word for it. Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "We are on a one way trip to oblivion.

Did you even read what true scotsman wrote? Our lives have the meaning we create.

It is not the end that matters, it is the duration. Drinking Beverage

The lit nerd in me saw this and came out.

Ever read Grail stories? Think about them. Great adventures, trials, tests. Almost no knight ever found the Grail. But Arthur and Guenivere still enjoyed their stories.

In a Grail myth it is always the journey that is important. It is not important if the knight finds the Grail or fails, what is important is the search. Such is it in life. It is not the end that matters, not the ultimate failure, but the tests, the trails, and the adventures we have along the way.

I'm wondering if the Grail myth isn't a metaphor for life itself. I guess an argument could be made.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
30-01-2016, 07:25 PM
(30-01-2016 07:03 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did you even read what true scotsman wrote? Our lives have the meaning we create.

It is not the end that matters, it is the duration. Drinking Beverage

The lit nerd in me saw this and came out.

Ever read Grail stories? Think about them. Great adventures, trials, tests. Almost no knight ever found the Grail. But Arthur and Guenivere still enjoyed their stories.

In a Grail myth it is always the journey that is important. It is not important if the knight finds the Grail or fails, what is important is the search. Such is it in life. It is not the end that matters, not the ultimate failure, but the tests, the trails, and the adventures we have along the way.

I'm wondering if the Grail myth isn't a metaphor for life itself. I guess an argument could be made.

but.. but... Galahad found the grail... Because he is super pure.

Yet somehow the super boy knight was born out of a conception of deceit of Lancelot thinking he is sleeping with Genevieve while it's a trick.

All this chaos happened yet it unfolded something successful somehow.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-01-2016, 07:31 PM
And Galahad never came back, now didn't he? He died at the end of it because there was "nothing more for him but death."

I never got into Galahad. I just saw him as a plot device for Lancelot and Elaine.
30-01-2016, 07:38 PM
(30-01-2016 07:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 07:03 PM)natachan Wrote:  The lit nerd in me saw this and came out.

but.. but... Galahad found the grail... Because he is super pure.

Yet somehow the super boy knight was born out of a conception of deceit of Lancelot thinking he is sleeping with Genevieve while it's a trick.

All this chaos happened yet it unfolded something successful somehow.

Genevieve? I believe it was Lancelot and Elaine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2016, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 10:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-01-2016 04:49 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  I'm sorry but your reasoning is wrong. If God does not exist death is the ultimate reality, not life.

Don't take my word for it. Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "We are on a one way trip to oblivion.

The journey is the destination.
Not getting the sucker at the end, in no way invalidates the journey.
Are you like 12 ?

You're also assuming it's all about "individuals". Evolution demonstrates otherwise.
You have never examined your assumptions. What we observe in the universe is exactly what one would expect to see, if there were no gods. Why would a loving god permit thousands of innocent infants to be born with microcephaly ? Obviously YOUR god doesn't care about individuals.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.