Athiesm is illogical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Athiesm is illogical
(15-08-2015 05:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 04:32 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  Nice try. Even that won't do any good. Eventually all the stars will consume their energy and all life will be toast.

No more life and no memory of it ever having existed.

Your point? Consider My point is there is no point in trying to save the planet or even trying to save humanity because there is nothing we can do to prevent our demise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 12:07 PM
(15-08-2015 06:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 04:32 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  Nice try. Even that won't do any good. Eventually all the stars will consume their energy and all life will be toast.

No more life and no memory of it ever having existed.

We don't know that. Anyway, billions of years into the future is not worth anyone's time worrying about. If you're crossing the road worrying about that you'll probably get hit by a truck.
It seems to me that Flutterbee is the one who is worried(about saving the planet). I'm just stating scientific facts based on what Neil deGrasse Tyson said. Look up his website and read "How the universe will end".
I like to have the big picture before I come to a decision. Atheists can't deal with the big picture so they concentrate on the little picture.
15-08-2015, 02:24 PM
(15-08-2015 12:07 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  Atheists can't deal with the big picture so they concentrate on the little picture.

And you know this.....how?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
15-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Did dimaniac create a sock or do we have another troll?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
15-08-2015, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 01:20 AM by Szuchow.)
(15-08-2015 12:07 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  I like to have the big picture before I come to a decision. Atheists can't deal with the big picture so they concentrate on the little picture.

That must be quite the decision if you must take fate of the universe into accout Rolleyes

As for atheists how do you know?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
15-08-2015, 04:48 PM
(15-08-2015 11:52 AM)David Kragt Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 05:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your point? Consider

My point is there is no point in trying to save the planet or even trying to save humanity because there is nothing we can do to prevent our demise.

And now class, here we have a fantastic representation of a person taking known facts and extrapolating them out to absurdity.

While he is accurate in saying that the earth will eventually be destroyed, and humanity will eventually stop existing, he fails to take into account the time difference between these events and now; humanity has at the most ~5 billion years to continue existing if the view is centred around the sun (though this is span of time is highly unlikely). There is no reason not to attempt to keep the planet on which we live habitable (to 'save' the planet, in order words) in the meantime and ensure the continuation of human existence by doing so.

Let's make a game of it; what can we decide is no longer worth doing because it has a finite time limit? I'll start:
All humans will eventually die; there is no point in attempting to live due to this fact.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
15-08-2015, 04:52 PM
(15-08-2015 02:26 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Did dimaniac create a sock or do we have another troll?

I think it's his dad.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2015, 04:57 PM
(15-08-2015 12:07 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  Atheists can't deal with the big picture so they concentrate on the little picture.

Uh-huh.

Here's a big picture just for you.

[Image: off_o_504726.webp]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? I am an atheist because it is the natural state of being we are all born into.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
15-08-2015, 05:53 PM
(15-08-2015 12:07 PM)David Kragt Wrote:  (1) I'm just stating scientific facts based on what Neil deGrasse Tyson said. Look up his website and read "How the universe will end".

(2) I like to have the big picture before I come to a decision. Atheists can't deal with the big picture so they concentrate on the little picture.

Point 1. What makes you assume I haven't?

Point 2. The big picture is immensely big and the time hard to imagine. Like I said, worrying about that stuff at this point in time is a waste of time. We should be more concerned with hundreds of years rather than billions of years at this point with global warming. Billions of years are the least of our concern.

And humanity, whatever it evolves into over that massive span of time, I suspect will be long gone.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Did someone seriously just try to claim it's the atheists who can't deal with the big picture?

This, from the religion that finds it a threat to their faith to count the world as being more than 6000 years old?

Give me a break!

Can't count to five billion? Become a Christian!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post