Athiest and High School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Athiest and High School
Being a teen that is an Athiest, like myself, is alot to put up with. Rejection, Repulse, Outcasted and so much more. Nobody will accept you if your an Athiest accept other Athiest. We are rejected constantly by the Christians. Christians think that just cause we are an Athiest means we are a terrible person and will burn in hell. A belief is a thought in your head, so a religion is just a thought you express. It doesnt mean that you are a different person. Christians should spend more time actually thinking than judging. We are the outsiders of our school and i have no problem with that, I rather live a free life than praise some God. I have no problem with Christians, yet they have problems with me and the rest of my Athiest friends. If they are Christian and pure as they make thereselves look, then why can't they treat everyone equal. I walk in the halls of my school and people give me weird looks cause I am an Athiest. When my class hears that I am an Athiest im automatically a bad person and i will burn in Hell. Being an Athiest does'nt make you a bad person, it makes you a free person. I refuse to live my life chained down praising a figment of my imagination!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2011, 11:11 AM
RE: Athiest and High School
High school can be a difficult place to have ideas that don't fit with the expected norm. I'm sorry you have to go through this. But you are very courageous to follow through with your convictions. That says a lot about your strength of character. The actions of others also says a lot about their character. It is so easy to follow the crowd and so hard to lead alone. You sound like a leader. The world needs more leaders, leaders that tell it like it is.

It's important to keep your convictions true and to lead in the fight against stupidity, but be true to yourself first. Take care of yourself and your own heart. Show them you are what you say. You are a real live human no different than they are and your compassion is greater than the sum of their stupidity. I bet somewhere along the line there will be many others that find your compassion and conviction are much more valuable than hatred. You will make a mark on the world and you really will be a leader.

Be strong!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like defacto7's post