Athiests are the ultimate meme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2010, 03:22 PM
RE: Athiests are the ultimate meme
(17-04-2010 12:24 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  There is no hostility

[Image: o_rly1.jpg]

Quote:just explain why atheists claim to be free and critical thinkers when all they do is read the same old arguments that have been answered for years.

The arguments haven't been answered. You claiming that they have been and refusing to acknowledge the fallacies inherent in your "rebuttals" does not change this.

Quote:Most on this site are young, so you read about a supposed Bible contradiction, and you think "got em" but if you do some research from the other side, you would see the answer.

Like your dinosaur bit?

Quote:Or how about deaths caused by religions? <snip>

I've never used the "deaths by religion" bit as an argument against the existence of a god, as it has absolutely no bearing on the subject.

Quote:Think of a subject or game or product you know really well, and think about a time when someone commented on that product, and you know they have never used it by what they say. That is what I feel on this site, based on the questions, there is very little knowledge of the other side.

Really? Many of us used to be religious, you know. But again, it's beside the point, because even if we have never been religious ourselves, your arguments are still flawed.

Quote:The site is called "The Thinking Atheist" if it was called "The Herd Mentality" then It would be fine.

Oh, hey, my hostility detector just went off again. Must be malfunctioning - ashley's right. There's nothing but kittens and rainbows here.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 03:35 PM

(17-04-2010 03:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(17-04-2010 12:24 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  There is no hostility

[Image: o_rly1.jpg]

Quote:just explain why atheists claim to be free and critical thinkers when all they do is read the same old arguments that have been answered for years.

The arguments haven't been answered. You claiming that they have been and refusing to acknowledge the fallacies inherent in your "rebuttals" does not change this.

Quote:Most on this site are young, so you read about a supposed Bible contradiction, and you think "got em" but if you do some research from the other side, you would see the answer.

Like your dinosaur bit?

Quote:Or how about deaths caused by religions? <snip>

I've never used the "deaths by religion" bit as an argument against the existence of a god, as it has absolutely no bearing on the subject.

Quote:Think of a subject or game or product you know really well, and think about a time when someone commented on that product, and you know they have never used it by what they say. That is what I feel on this site, based on the questions, there is very little knowledge of the other side.

Really? Many of us used to be religious, you know. But again, it's beside the point, because even if we have never been religious ourselves, your arguments are still flawed.

Quote:The site is called "The Thinking Atheist" if it was called "The Herd Mentality" then It would be fine.

Oh, hey, my hostility detector just went off again. Must be malfunctioning - ashley's right. There's nothing but kittens and rainbows here.

You always bring up the dinosaurs what exactly do you mean?
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I mean that it is quite hypocritical of you to accuse us of not knowing anything about the Bible after you yourself have been proven to get things wrong very frequently. The dinosaurs isn't your only failure, either; your claim that the Bible contains passages declaring the Earth to be a sphere, for example, and your incredibly erroneous apologetics for the passages when it was revealed that they didn't say what you thought they did.

- Terry Pratchett
17-04-2010, 05:11 PM

17-04-2010, 09:42 PM
(17-04-2010 05:11 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  I will make this clear for you, show proof for the following claims and I will refute, if you have none then shut the eff up (now that was hostile, I agree):

1. "I mean that it is quite hypocritical of you to accuse us of not knowing anything about the Bible after you yourself have been proven to get things wrong very frequently."

2. "your claim that the Bible contains passages declaring the Earth to be a sphere" The Bible says "Circle of the earth" the word sphere did not come into existence until 1250. Of course you knew that.

3."and your incredibly erroneous apologetics for the passages when it was revealed that they didn't say what you thought they did."

Fine. But this is the last time that I'm going to dig up links for you. I am tired of having to rehash the same points over and over in every single thread, when we have established many times previously that everything I said is true.

1. You claimed that the Bible says that dinosaurs existed (it doesn't) and that the Earth is round (ditto).

2. I already went over this. The Hebrew language did indeed have a word in use for "sphere". The word the Bible used to describe the Earth, however, was their word for circular like a coin, not like a sphere. See this post.

3. Your constant maintaining, even in the post that I quoted in this one, that the Bible does say all these things is exactly what I am talking about.

Now stop pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about.

- Terry Pratchett
17-04-2010, 10:18 PM
(17-04-2010 05:11 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  show proof for the following claims and I will refute, if you have none then shut the eff up (now that was hostile, I agree):

Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
[Image: yodak.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
18-04-2010, 01:18 AM

Unbeliever is correct.. The Hebrews had a word for sphere and it was used in another passage in the bible... yet not to describe the shape of the earth.. Its too late and I am too tiered of apologetics to go look for it.. but I remember reading it not too long ago.