Atothetheist Reads The Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2016, 03:07 PM
RE: Atothetheist Reads The Bible
(06-01-2016 08:55 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 04:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Since we don't lie to ourselves about religion on this forum, CARM has very little credibility around here.

That doesn't surprise me. If you seriously considered what it says you might find it hard to maintain your beliefs about the Bible.

Oh, I have went through that stupid site with a fine-toothed comb. They have nothing new to say, just the same old tired excuse making. It's main purpose is to lie to believers to keep them in the fold.

I refuse to take something that the con artist Matt Slick spews on that site on faith, everything that he spews from that site has to be thoroughly vetted and debunked from outside sources.

CARM is a jumping off point to go find the actual truth somewhere else outside of the apologist bubble.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
08-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Another round of Biblical readings will be released this weekend. Expect Genesis to be finished. Exodus will be coming next. Hopefully you stick with me through this garbage.

If you have any thing you liked about what I said of different things, please do not hesitate to share. Same goes for criticisms, I love to improve and learn.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
08-01-2016, 11:41 AM
(05-01-2016 03:33 PM)theophilus Wrote:  If you run into parts that seem contradictory I suggest you read this:

https://carm.org/introduction-bible-diff...radictions

This is just funny, I'll write up my (rather short) response as to why that's nonsense and doesn't at all matter.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
08-01-2016, 11:42 AM
(05-01-2016 03:33 PM)theophilus Wrote:  If you run into parts that seem contradictory I suggest you read this:

Uh huh, sure. That is full of unsupported assertions, e.g.

"What a lot of Christians don't know is that the autographs (original writings) are inspired--not the copies."
OK, but we don't have the original texts. So there's that.

"Does this mean that the Bible we hold in our hand is not inspired? Not at all. Inspiration comes from God, and when He inspired the Bible, it was perfect."
Presuppostion at its finest. Facepalm

And so on, and so forth.

"Christian apologetics" is all made up. It has no connection to reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-01-2016, 02:18 PM
(08-01-2016 11:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Uh huh, sure. That is full of unsupported assertions, e.g.

"What a lot of Christians don't know is that the autographs (original writings) are inspired--not the copies."
OK, but we don't have the original texts. So there's that.

"Does this mean that the Bible we hold in our hand is not inspired? Not at all. Inspiration comes from God, and when He inspired the Bible, it was perfect."
Presuppostion at its finest. Facepalm

And so on, and so forth.

"Christian apologetics" is all made up. It has no connection to reality.

If there's one thing humans are super good at it's storytelling. No other animal tells stories and listens to stories like we do. Adding to that, we are extremely imaginative creatures who retell stories about heroes and villians, adding our own inspired spin on a tale. Being inspired by something doesn't make that something real. After all writers throughout history have been inspired by imaginative concepts and ideas. The inspired idea of a god is not proof that a god actually exist.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-01-2016, 04:59 PM

First of all, some of the contradictions are not misspellings of things, but rather contradictions of concepts. Also of events and places and times.
Also, if God only inspired the originals, and let the copies be riddled with errors, (the site claims 98.5 percent is accurate, I wonder how they got that number), then who's to say what is a real passage and what isn't. The site excludes the possibility that the whole concepts might be intentionally added. Does God protect the copies from that? Not if Matt Slick's argument is to be believed. If God prevents intentional misleadings, why give the accidental one a free pass when he could have guided it to perfection. andlet's not forget that The canonization of the Bible was done years, did they have all the original manuscripts?

16-01-2016, 05:28 PM
New Episode is posted, sorry for the delay. i'm taking life a little bit more easily (had some stress related problems), but I should hopefully be getting back into the swing of these programs (I really want to finish Genesis).

16-01-2016, 06:22 PM
36-39 is now posted.

17-01-2016, 08:07 AM
(08-01-2016 11:36 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Another round of Biblical readings will be released this weekend. Expect Genesis to be finished. Exodus will be coming next. Hopefully you stick with me through this garbage.

If you have any thing you liked about what I said of different things, please do not hesitate to share. Same goes for criticisms, I love to improve and learn.

Quite hilarious really!
17-01-2016, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 03:12 PM by Deltabravo.)
I like to look up at the night sky and see the real sky god of the Aryan Heberus. He is Orion the star configuration, also known as Apollo, Horus, the Good Shepherd, climbing up from the horizon, visible everywhere, carrying his cross on his back, chasing the dark Seth away, avenging his father the Sun, reaching his peak at Christmas and sporting a massive hard on. For me he guides me through the darkness of religious ignorance foisted on us by thousands of years of clerical writing all aimed at baffling us and obscuring the truth, that our ancient ancestors were a bunch of star-gazing, barbaric, phallus worshippers . All the rest of religion is just words.