Atrocious Fiction Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Atrocious Fiction Books
Symphony of Ages (fantasy series). I've read many awful fantasy books, but that one I remember because Rhapsody's singing (a magical talent) plays a big part in the series, but when it comes to describing what she was doing, the description was essentially 'Rhapsody sang'. What, death metal? Was she saying words, or just going 'Lalalalala'? It was a pretty damned important aspect of the book. If you're going to make something central to the story, it deserves better treatment than that.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2013, 10:23 PM
(17-06-2013 04:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Bible
The Koran

Drinking Beverage

Begat, begat, begat. SleepySleepySleepy
17-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Twilight. I read three pages from the first book and I already went into "Fuck that shit" mode.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
18-06-2013, 12:21 AM
(17-06-2013 04:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Bible
The Koran

Drinking Beverage

50 shades was worse.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2013, 12:22 AM
(17-06-2013 04:19 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 03:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  50 Shades of Grey.

I agree-It was such a disappointment. I didn't read books 2 & 3.

The books by Anne Rice (under the pseudonym of A. N. Roquelaure) wrote were much more erotic and twisted.

The sleeping beauty series?

I have them on my kindle I think. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Being a middle school teacher I try to read a lot of what the kids read, at least the major stuff, because I hope it interests them in reading, etc. A lot of it I enjoyed. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc. All perfectly fine, and pretty enjoyable. When the big Twilight sensation hit I figured I would try it (even though from what I had heard I was already scratching my head). Like someone else said in this thread, I got literally only 20 pages into it and put that shit down. Wow, it was just terrible.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
18-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Ethan Frome, what a horrible book. It's about the most depressing thing I can think of, the entire novel is grey, uneventful, and grating. The main character is a henpecked wimp who can't seem to do anything at all. When he finally does manage to do 1 thing it ends up making everything worse somehow. If New England was anything at all like it is described in this I can't imagine that anyone would willingly stay for any length of time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Surprised no one's mentioned ol' Dan Brown... I read Chapter 1 of Da Vinci Code and just about threw up... a few years later a mate was reading Angels and Demons so I tried again... same result.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-06-2013, 07:11 AM
(18-06-2013 05:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ethan Frome, what a horrible book. It's about the most depressing thing I can think of, the entire novel is grey, uneventful, and grating. The main character is a henpecked wimp who can't seem to do anything at all. When he finally does manage to do 1 thing it ends up making everything worse somehow. If New England was anything at all like it is described in this I can't imagine that anyone would willingly stay for any length of time.

New England is exactly like that. We're all miserable wretches. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-06-2013, 07:20 AM
(18-06-2013 12:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 04:19 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I agree-It was such a disappointment. I didn't read books 2 & 3.

The books by Anne Rice (under the pseudonym of A. N. Roquelaure) wrote were much more erotic and twisted.

The sleeping beauty series?

I have them on my kindle I think. Smile

Yes! The Sleeping Beauty series....it was....not like anything I had ever read before...Shocking...kindle is great for erotic books, no one knows you are reading them because they can't see the cover. Cool

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post