Atrocious Fiction Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Re: Atrocious Fiction Books
Ive liked most of Dan Brown's stuff. Though I don't understand why code is the stand out book. I think its the moat poorly written out if the group.

Besides. Anything that pisses christians off that bad is okay in my book Big Grin

The Out Crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Atrocious Fiction Books
(18-06-2013 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 05:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ethan Frome, what a horrible book. It's about the most depressing thing I can think of, the entire novel is grey, uneventful, and grating. The main character is a henpecked wimp who can't seem to do anything at all. When he finally does manage to do 1 thing it ends up making everything worse somehow. If New England was anything at all like it is described in this I can't imagine that anyone would willingly stay for any length of time.

New England is exactly like that. We're all miserable wretches. Weeping

Speak for yourself! I'm a wretch but I'm not miserable.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-06-2013, 10:26 AM
(18-06-2013 10:24 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  New England is exactly like that. We're all miserable wretches. Weeping

Speak for yourself! I'm a wretch but I'm not miserable.Drinking Beverage

Yes you are, but you've been down so long it looks like up to you. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-06-2013, 10:28 AM
(18-06-2013 10:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 10:24 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Speak for yourself! I'm a wretch but I'm not miserable.Drinking Beverage

Yes you are, but you've been down so long it looks like up to you. Consider

Touche Oh Terse One!Bowing

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Celestine Prophecy. This piece of shit might have had an interesting couple of thoughts in it - doubtful - but slogging through the childish prose was just excruciating. An unnecessary waste of good ink to paper AND being a best seller, it spawned not only sequels but companion books!

Often, when I read a piece of shit like this and realize someone was given money write it, I only want to kill myself. However, this book made me want to take others out with me.

As the saying goes; some people drink because they're poets, other people drink because they are not. This load of twat-bile would cause anyone to become a raging alcoholic because this marketed whore got some poor poet's paycheck.

I should probably have a calming cup o'coffee, huh? Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
18-06-2013, 11:48 AM
(18-06-2013 10:58 AM)kim Wrote:  Celestine Prophecy. This piece of shit might have had an interesting couple of thoughts in it - doubtful - but slogging through the childish prose was just excruciating. An unnecessary waste of good ink to paper AND being a best seller, it spawned not only sequels but companion books!

Often, when I read a piece of shit like this and realize someone was given money write it, I only want to kill myself. However, this book made me want to take others out with me.

As the saying goes; some people drink because they're poets, other people drink because they are not. This load of twat-bile would cause anyone to become a raging alcoholic because this marketed whore got some poor poet's paycheck.

I should probably have a calming cup o'coffee, huh? Undecided

Damnit Kim...I had actually erased that one from my mind. or so I thought...off to bleach the brain again. No

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-06-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2013 02:18 PM by Vera.)
I don't read crappy books. The moment I realise something (or someone) isn't worth the time, I drop it.

99% of everything I've ever translated qualifies, though (one that really stands out is J.R. Ward Blackdagger Brotherhood series, but pretty much every erotica book I've done has been equally bad. I think it must be a genre requirement). If anyone requires proof, feel free to browse through the ranting thread, for some particularly smelly nuggets of crap. Dodgy

(Still, even my crappy books cannot compete with the bilge in the 46-virgin thread. I don't think even bleach would help. It's hard to believe that something so unimaginably retarded can make me feel so dirty.)

As for Dan Brown, I'm with Stephen Fry on that (applies to so many writers - and would-be writers - it's not even funny): "It is complete loose stool water. It is arse-gravy of the worst kind."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
18-06-2013, 03:21 PM
(18-06-2013 02:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  As for Dan Brown, I'm with Stephen Fry on that (applies to so many writers - and would-be writers - it's not even funny): "It is complete loose stool water. It is arse-gravy of the worst kind."

Ha - I remember that one - I laughed so hard it hurt my face. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-06-2013, 09:28 AM
I have a hard time getting through 5 pages of any book in my mother's collections. What she reads isn't really my problem either.
19-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Like Twilight? Tongue

Although I don't know why you'd read an "atrocious book." Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post