Atrocious Fiction Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Atrocious Fiction Books
(19-06-2013 11:53 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hunger Games, in my opinion, was pretty shit too. Mostly because I thought the main Character was a dude until she explained that she was a girl....

Drinking Beverage

That, and the plot has been done before.

Came to post this, I hated myself for reading all three. I figured since I read through the first one in a few hours, why not just read all three so I could say I gave it a fair shake? Mistake.

Also, have to add Atlas Shrugged to this. What a waste of time. Horrible, long-winded characters, on top of shitty story telling, on top of shit "philosophy".

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anudist's post
08-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Malazan Book of the Fallen books from Steven Erikson. Read through half of Book 2 and was bored stiff. His characters are completely unlikeable and have zero personality and I care nothing of the story. Truly atrocious.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
29-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I recall reading the Young Merlin trilogy in one volume by Jane Yolen. It was dreadful.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
26-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Some of the obvious ones have already been posted here. I'm not one of those who absolutely has to finish a book that I've begun reading, so many of them I'll discard within the first fifty pages or so if it is extremely dull.

I read the first Twilight book when it was published, and my first reaction was "meh". As for 50 Shades of Grey, I've read much better fanfiction smut on AO3.

“You are not controlling the storm, and you are not lost in it. You are the storm.” - Sam Harris
28-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Lord of the Rings. Sorry folks, but 100 pages in and they still weren't out of the Shire. I couldn't take it anymore.

LEAVE THE DAMN SHIRE ALREADY!

To be fair, I'm sure it's not "atrocious," but I just couldn't get into it. It was so damn boring.

I probably have not read enough bad fiction as I have played truly bad video games. So, take mine with a grain of salt.

I read the Doom novels as a teenager--you know, based on the Doom video games. I wasn't aware of it as a kid, but apparently they won awards--for their low quality.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com