Attaching Myths to Landmarks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Attaching Myths to Landmarks
Not far from me is something called 'The Giants Bite'

http://www.trevithicktrail.co.uk/images/...rail14.jpg

There's an image of it.. Don't know how to post directly lol.

Its basically a stretch of rock with a big U Shape missing from it which, to be fair, does look like a giant just came along one day, leaned over and took a bite out of it.

Obviously this never happened.. But for years its been called that. My dads generation called it that, my generation call it that, my son's generation calls it that.. It will probably always be called that, and the original reason for this rock formation is of no interest to anyone and probably never will be.. No reason will be as exciting as The Giant's Bite.

There area few landmarks/formations that are referenced in the bible that have myths attached to them but for some reason the theist treats these as bonifide explanation for things! No way was a story attached later to this mysterious landmark!

Why won't they accept my Giants Bite?

Would they have accepted it if it was in the bible?

The Nephalim Bite!!

Sorry.. Just rambling.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Attaching Myths to Landmarks
http://iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com...kId=610105

Spent a lot of time at Devil's Backbone park when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Interesting name for such a popular place with so many Catholics and Lutherans around.

Was a fun place to hang out though.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-05-2015, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 05:51 PM by Marozz.)
The Giants Causeway is pretty well known. Built by the Irish giant Fionn mac Cumhaill to cross the sea and have a fight with a Scottish giant.

[Image: pLezQ8d.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
14-05-2015, 05:54 PM
We have a lot of landmarks attached to myths. In my opinion they enrich our culture and open a mirror into past centuries.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post