Attachments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2017, 10:36 AM
RE: Attachments
(04-12-2017 10:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-12-2017 09:22 AM)Kaneda Wrote:  This is a little past the gate, but does anyone know how to properly embed a tweet in a post here?

You cannot however you can take a screenshot and the link below it.

Yeah, that's what I do. Kind of a pain in the ass though.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2018, 12:39 AM
Soo...another problem. I can't figure out how to get an image from my desktop into a post. I select "Choose File," click on the JPG or PNG image file I want to upload, select "add Attachment," and then "Insert into Post," and then "[attachment=4015]" appears in the text window. But when I select "Preview Post" my submission appears completely blank.

Am I missing something here?
08-01-2018, 01:05 AM
there is a limit to the size of the image. That might be your holdup, it does not automatically reduce images.
08-01-2018, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2018 01:26 AM by Kaneda.)
(08-01-2018 01:05 AM)skyking Wrote:  there is a limit to the size of the image. That might be your holdup, it does not automatically reduce images.

I tried downloading someone's avatar (that's pretty damn small, right?) and reloading the jpg as an attachment in a test post, but still...nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work.Only problem now is the attached image appears tiiinyyy and I don't know how to scale it up in this text editor. Undecided
08-01-2018, 08:50 AM
(08-01-2018 01:15 AM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(08-01-2018 01:05 AM)skyking Wrote:  there is a limit to the size of the image. That might be your holdup, it does not automatically reduce images.

I tried downloading someone's avatar (that's pretty damn small, right?) and reloading the jpg as an attachment in a test post, but still...nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work.Only problem now is the attached image appears tiiinyyy and I don't know how to scale it up in this text editor. Undecided

That's how attachments work... they take up space on the server and aren't encouraged. There is a limit to how many attachments you can do before you have to clean out old ones.

Most people upload images to another site for hosting and then just put an image link in their posts.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-01-2018, 11:23 AM
(08-01-2018 08:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ...Most people upload images to another site for hosting and then just put an image link in their posts.

This ^^^

Postimage free download here.

"Postimage was founded in 2004 to provide message boards with an easy way to upload images for free. Postimage is a very simple, fast and reliable free image service. It's perfect for linking to auctions, message boards, blogs and other websites. Postimage guarantees maximum uptime and performance so that your image will be here whenever you need it. There is no registration or login; all you have to do is submit your picture. With continuous upgrades and dedicated staff Postimage is the #1 solution for Free Image Hosting."

Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
08-01-2018, 08:03 PM
(08-01-2018 11:23 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(08-01-2018 08:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ...Most people upload images to another site for hosting and then just put an image link in their posts.

This ^^^

Postimage free download here.

"Postimage was founded in 2004 to provide message boards with an easy way to upload images for free. Postimage is a very simple, fast and reliable free image service. It's perfect for linking to auctions, message boards, blogs and other websites. Postimage guarantees maximum uptime and performance so that your image will be here whenever you need it. There is no registration or login; all you have to do is submit your picture. With continuous upgrades and dedicated staff Postimage is the #1 solution for Free Image Hosting."

Thumbsup

Thank you, guys.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post