Attack on Titan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Attack on Titan
So, a couple of weeks ago I came across the anime on Netflix and decided to give it a try. I assumed that the entire series was on Netflix, but that was incorrect. I loved it. It is absolutely fascinating and the storytelling is excellent. But, as that was not the entire series, I was super pissed when it ended on a cliffhanger. So I did what any reasonable person would do, I spent all day in a Barnes and Noble reading the manga. I've read up to the last volume now and I'm one chapter into volume 15. I also bought the first volumes of the 3 spinoffs but I've not read but a chapter or so of the Junior High spinoff, which is a more lighthearted comedy take on the series. I have volume one of Before the Fall and No Regrets.

Anyone else into this series or the manga?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
08-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Attack on Titan
And I've seen some clips for the live action movie, which looks awesome!

-Rick
08-04-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Attack on Titan
Yeah, I only watched what Netflix has, too. I thought it was pretty cool. There were a few parts that frustrated me and had me scratching my head, but over all, I like the universe. So, how many seasons have they made?

The movie clips do look pretty sweet, but I can see the same people who bitched about the casting choice of The Last Airbender having something to say about the AoT movie, seeing as that one chick (Mikasa?) is supposed to be the last Asian.
[+] 1 user Likes Exian's post
08-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Attack on Titan
That is all there is in terms of anime right now. I don't think the next season is supposed to come out until the fall, but that may not mean for Netflix.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
08-04-2015, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 05:29 PM by Adrianime.)
Ohh Attack On Titan. My history with that show is as follows:

2013: People start talking about awesome show Attack on Titan.
Late 2013: I hear people on the anime site I frequent saying to "just wait until next season comes out, don't watch it yet"
Early 2014: My friend says she wants to watch it with me. We watch like 3 episodes, then she says to watch the rest without her (she had already seen it). I binge watched it and finished it in like 2 days. Freaking amazing show. But I realize why people said don't watch it yet (ends with huge cliffhanger). Next I looked around for mention of next season. No word yet (DAMNIT).
Mid 2014: I rewatch the show with my gf (told her it was a show about a post apocalyptic world with giant zombies), and she really likes it too. Again start looking for word of next season. No word yet. I also convince a coworker to watch it and he got hooked and is in waiting.

It looks to me like Season 2 will not arrive until 2016. And that's gunna be just Japan. I don't know how fast Netflix will acquire. But I never watch on Netflix.

It's an amazing show, and has the most crisp animation and highest production quality that I have ever seen. Great story and great action scenes as well. Definitely a 10/10. I can't wait for it to continue.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
I thought the show was funny.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-04-2015, 03:11 AM
The show is awesome, one of my favourites, I can't wait for the second season to come out.

If you write spoilers from the manga, please use the spoiler tags. Thanks.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
09-04-2015, 09:22 AM
The first series can be viewed here:
- http://www.chia-anime.tv/anime/shingeki-no-kyojin/
Chia-anime generally have current series showing within a few days of their Japanese air date. Don't ask me if it's legal. I don't ask.

Shingeki no Kyojin is a pretty good anime. The second series may change my mind but I found insufficient payoff to put it in my very top tier. The early episodes are all great. The later ones are good but again need more payoff I think to make it to great. The production quality is fantastic, it has some decent characters and a rich world worth exploring. It tries at political intrigue but in my mind hasn't got there yet. It currently sits at around 7/10, maybe 8/10 for me.

My kids are minecraft video addicts and also love Attack on Titan. You should have seen them ragging Dan from the Diamond Minecart and his "spiderman" mod review:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-04-2015, 09:29 AM
A few months ago I watched season 1 (I don't know if the 2nd is already on air) - Honestly I enjoyed it and I think it's a good anime but I don't think it is a 10/10 like some reviews mention so frequently

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Blackout's post
09-04-2015, 08:12 PM
good fucking god what a beautiful show

be forreal

their eyes and shit alone will keep you watching it
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post