Attacks On Science from the Far Left

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Attacks On Science from the Far Left
Since we know about Creationism, other related crap:
Is there attacks on science from the Far Left?

Cause a couple of scientist I know actually say that there is attacks from both sides.
Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 04:07 PM
RE: Attacks On Science from the Far Left
redacted

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Unfogged has it correct.

The anti-vax crowd is predominantly left. Homeopathy, feng shui, Chinese medicine, asstrology, all that nonsense... pretty much the domain of the far left.
08-06-2017, 04:12 PM
(08-06-2017 04:08 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Unfogged has it correct.

The anti-vax crowd is predominantly left. Homeopathy, feng shui, Chinese medicine, asstrology, all that nonsense... pretty much the domain of the far left.

There are wacko elements on both ends of the political spectrum. The far right is more worrisome at the moment, since (1) they have much more political power, and (2) climate change denial is a lot more serious (and with more far-reaching consequences) than any of the stuff listed above. But yeah, the far left is equally wacko.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-06-2017, 04:22 PM
(08-06-2017 04:08 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Unfogged has it correct.

He said "scientist".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 04:39 PM
I'm Actually look at some peer reviewed studies and actually am flabbergasted. I'm not sure how much of of these are tested, Because it seems to be some stupid crap going through peer review.
08-06-2017, 04:42 PM
(08-06-2017 04:39 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  I'm Actually look at some peer reviewed studies and actually am flabbergasted. I'm not sure how much of of these are tested, Because it seems to be some stupid crap going through peer review.

Innuendo, out the other.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-06-2017, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 05:49 PM by OmniConsUme.)
Deleted because it felt too notepad-y
08-06-2017, 05:33 PM
I redacted the post above because it included a somewhat snarky comment about posts asking others to do the work of investigating.... seeing the follow-up posts...

What sort of response do you really expect to vague claims of some unknown scientist saying something unspecified about some sort of "attack" from the left followed up by more vague references to having read articles somewhere about something? No links... No context....

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-06-2017, 05:38 PM
(08-06-2017 05:33 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I redacted the post above because it included a somewhat snarky comment about posts asking others to do the work of investigating.... seeing the follow-up posts...

What sort of response do you really expect to vague claims of some unknown scientist saying something unspecified about some sort of "attack" from the left followed up by more vague references to having read articles somewhere about something? No links... No context....

Ignore it, I just realized I probably shouldn;t post like this is notepad, I will back this up with facts later, but

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/conc...r-studies/
did you know this, the reason no one decided to not publish this is apparently there is about a thousand like this that isn't supposed to be a joke.