• 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 07:38 AM
RE: Attacks On Science from the Far Left
I appreciate that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 07:51 AM
(10-06-2017 07:38 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I appreciate that.

Passed to some friends for a chuckle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Personally I think the tests would be both more environmentally friendly and more scientifically valid if they were conducted in high population areas. Spare the scenery, counter the effects of the blast by eliminating some carbon footprints, and gather useful data.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-06-2017, 02:13 PM
(10-06-2017 07:29 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 07:20 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Then note it. I'm a better person than anyone who defends nuking the Bikini Atoll. Take note.
Your hyperfocused "I'm always right" attitude was noted earlier.

Wow.
Pot, meet kettle.

"What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners" q.v.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-06-2017, 04:15 PM
(10-06-2017 07:15 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm not avoiding a fucking thing. Where would I have tested them you ask? I not only reject the idea that they needed to be tested but I also maintain they shouldn't exist. Your question is as morally repugnant as asking me if I stated they shouldn't have lynched African-Americans in Mississippi and your reply was where should they have been lynched then. And before your dick gets all hard, the only reason that's a false equivalency is because detonating a hydrogen bomb is worse that killing a single person. To defend the annihilation of the Bikini Atoll suggests ignorance, which is what I suspect, but if not that either incredible moral deficiency or you're totally fucking brainwashed. There's no way to defend this shit.

If you're so clever, then tell me: when the Allies were alerted to the possibility of developing a super-weapon, and told that the Germans very likely could do it themselves, what should they have done? And no answering with the benefit of hindsight, you only have the information available to the people at the time. So no detailed knowledge of what radiation exposure can do, no appreciation for how powerful the blast might be, nothing except the significant possibility that a game-changing weapon might be developed by the enemy.

Now tell me, who bears moral responsibility for bombing Bikini atoll? The people who developed the bomb? The person who decided on the test site? The person who dropped the bomb? The person who ordered the test? The entire human race? Just the population of the USA?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-06-2017, 04:48 PM
I'm not arguing against The Manhattan Project so why should I allow myself to be lured into that? The tests I'm talking about are far harder to justify. Not saying I wouldn't go there but I'm not going there here. Your position is presently indefensible. Nuking the residence of innocent people we were not at war with. No matter how uncouth or caustic I come across you don't have a fucking case. Who deserves the glass dildo treatment? The cunts that did it. You google all the names if you want them.
11-06-2017, 02:56 AM
(10-06-2017 04:48 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm not arguing against The Manhattan Project so why should I allow myself to be lured into that? The tests I'm talking about are far harder to justify. Not saying I wouldn't go there but I'm not going there here. Your position is presently indefensible. Nuking the residence of innocent people we were not at war with. No matter how uncouth or caustic I come across you don't have a fucking case. Who deserves the glass dildo treatment? The cunts that did it. You google all the names if you want them.

Dude, you said that the scientists who worked on the projects should get raped by glass dildos.

If it was intended as a joke, so be it. It's a bad unfunny joke, but I've seen worse. But you cannot double down with an objection about atomic weapons testing as a justification. That's weaksause, and you know it. The Manhattan Project, and subsequent projects and tests, where not unilaterally spearheaded, funded, controlled, or directed by a singular cabal of theoretical nuclear physicists in need of a good glass dildo'ing. As it turns out, the real world is a lot more complicated than that. Go figure.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-06-2017, 03:38 AM
(10-06-2017 02:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 07:29 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Your hyperfocused "I'm always right" attitude was noted earlier.

Wow.
Pot, meet kettle.

"What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners" q.v.

If you could read you'd make better posts.
12-06-2017, 03:49 AM
(10-06-2017 04:48 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm not arguing against The Manhattan Project so why should I allow myself to be lured into that? The tests I'm talking about are far harder to justify. Not saying I wouldn't go there but I'm not going there here. Your position is presently indefensible. Nuking the residence of innocent people we were not at war with. No matter how uncouth or caustic I come across you don't have a fucking case. Who deserves the glass dildo treatment? The cunts that did it. You google all the names if you want them.

So you feel free to paint me as some nuclear holocaust loving freak on the basis of my objecting to your generalisations, but then when I finally nail you down to defend your generalisation you claim it's only one very specific thing you were referring to. Congratulations, you're a cunt.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-06-2017, 02:13 PM
(08-06-2017 08:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  From what I've seen, I think the general spread of liberal vs. conservative among professors is roughly 3/4ths liberal... though that number changes and even reverses, depending on the field. Engineers and math professors, for instance, tend to be overwhelmingly conservative.

Engineering profs, for sure.

Most of my math profs weren't overtly conservative or liberal, they were just . . . odd.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."