Attn: People with young children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Attn: People with young children
(20-07-2013 12:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 12:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Adore ya Girly but...

No

It's the skivvies isn't it? All right new skivvies every day it is then, ain't like they take up much room in the washer anyway. Less than the socks even.

Well that's a good deal then. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey KC and QC...is this familiar?

[Image: 425252_350956405031451_1413726105_n_zps65f008f5.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-07-2013, 04:23 PM
My dream is to live in a small flat or studio apt or a tiny bungalow with next to nothing.

My family won't have it. They have to have all their stuff. I would rather have nothing and travel. Maybe one room for photographs, and that's it. Somehow my daughter prefers to have a real barbie (or 40 of them, with a jeep, car, boat, ariplane, house -massive hand built- and full wardrobe, two kens and a baby) than a picture of it all.

I was seriously considering changing to this lifestyle, I'm gonna have to consider it again now. We're doing some major renos next year, maybe that would be the perfect time to chuck a lot of stuff. Consider

I loath tidying. Cleaning is no problem. However, the more stuff there is the more it just doesn't happen.
20-07-2013, 04:24 PM
(19-07-2013 08:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Does your house regularly look like a disaster zone? I swear... it doesn't matter how much my wife and I clean or pick up, by the time the kids are in bed, it looks like a sharknado ravaged the house.

Stuff. Is. Just. Everywhere.

Oh, and also... are laundry and dishes on an infinite repeat cycle for you as well? It's like it never gets done no matter how many times we do it.

Mysterious forces at work here...

Why just young children? My grandparents live alone and they still live in a dirty, ravaged house. Then again, I guess old people are children... Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
20-07-2013, 04:24 PM
I also need to pare down. I have stuff that has moved from one closet to another for years...sewing stuff and books and other odds and ends that I should sell...make a few bucks and get it out of the way.

20-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Do you guys all find people drop random crap off too, that they don't want but don't have the heart to get rid of? We have area rugs, mirrors, statues, dining tables, crap, crap, crap from other people. Too many stuffs, toys, tools, etc, etc. It's like we're a transfer station that isn't allowed to transfer because other people not living here would be offended or mad that we got rid of it cuz it was 'in the family'. Sad
20-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't have kids, and the place is like that here sometimes.

Totally scaring me off of having kids, KC. Tongue

PS I by accident originally posted this in the Rolling Stone section. Aw man. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
20-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I finally gave my daughters the stuff they thought I was a permanent storage facility for. That helped a bit. I also need to harden my heart and get rid of some of the stuff that was my dads and be selective on what really matters and keep only that.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-07-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2013 05:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-07-2013 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I also need to harden my heart ...

Ima gonna harden my heart. Ima gonna swallow my tears,

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-07-2013, 05:04 PM
I used to do laundry when we had an apt. but now Lady RTS does all the laundry and all the cloth diaper laundry...Only three of us but that machine gets a workout.

Also on a related note both of my grandmothers have a strange attraction to the laundry machine. They sit there and watch it like they can't trust it to do it's job, like it might get up and go pawn their cloths on the street. Or maybe they think wash is like a dangerous science experiment and if they don't pull the socks at just the right time there could be dire consequences? Perhaps it is trying to hypnotize them into doing it's bidding?

...Also possible they have an ongoing sordid love affair with the machine but that is the least pleasant hypothesis to think about.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user