Attn: People with young children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 06:04 AM
RE: Attn: People with young children
(23-07-2013 05:52 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Well, it's not my kids, but I do live with, and take care of, the kids of some other family.
Or to be exact, they live with me, and I guess we take care of each other.

I wouldn't say my house is messy, not in the way some of you guys describe your homes.
I'm very strict about a clean home, mostly because I have problems with my immune system and have to keep my home free from bacteria and dust.

But as for the dishes and laundry, yes. Just yes.

MuffinPuffin? This is the second time today I saw your post and thought it was earmuffs and his post. Damn your name, it confuses me.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
23-07-2013, 06:19 AM
(23-07-2013 06:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 05:52 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Well, it's not my kids, but I do live with, and take care of, the kids of some other family.
Or to be exact, they live with me, and I guess we take care of each other.

I wouldn't say my house is messy, not in the way some of you guys describe your homes.
I'm very strict about a clean home, mostly because I have problems with my immune system and have to keep my home free from bacteria and dust.

But as for the dishes and laundry, yes. Just yes.

MuffinPuffin? This is the second time today I saw your post and thought it was earmuffs and his post. Damn your name, it confuses me.

Big Grin

It's the grumpy cat, it controls you.

Good.
[+] 3 users Like MuffinPuffin's post
23-07-2013, 03:30 PM
(22-07-2013 10:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 09:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Mom, how many kids do you have? I have two kids who are now in college or going to college soon. All their eating is done in their rooms and all the dinner plate end up in their bedrooms. It's so annoying. The house is littered with cups and saucers. I'm so tired of trying to get everyone to clean up their mess (my husband isn't much better) that I've decided to wait until the two kids are out of the house and on their own. Then and only then will I completely clean up the house. Right now it's like shoveling snow in a snowstorm.

3 boys, 49, 19 and 13. Tongue

5 if you count the dog and bird (yes they're male too).

yea shit is left everywhere.

But I make them bring their own glasses and shit downstairs. But right now I have one kid home -- and he's used 10 glasses just today.

We have family meals about 6 days a week.

You're outnumbered! One more added problem, my youngest daughter is in college (Mt. Hood Community College) and taking pottery classes. So she comes home with lots of pottery now. Some of it's great but she's learning the pottery wheel and so much of it is boarderline throw away stuff. Anyway, now we have too many bowls and saucers and cups. More dishes. Just more of everything.

She just bought 100 lbs of clay yesterday! Oh no!

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
23-07-2013, 04:03 PM
(23-07-2013 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 10:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  3 boys, 49, 19 and 13. Tongue

But I make them bring their own glasses and shit downstairs. But right now I have one kid home -- and he's used 10 glasses just today.

You're outnumbered! One more added problem, my youngest daughter is in college (Mt. Hood Community College) and taking pottery classes. So she comes home with lots of pottery now. Some of it's great but she's learning the pottery wheel and so much of it is boarderline throw away stuff. Anyway, now we have too many bowls and saucers and cups. More dishes. Just more of everything.

Oooh my -- I can't imagine. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-07-2013, 04:11 PM
(23-07-2013 04:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You're outnumbered! One more added problem, my youngest daughter is in college (Mt. Hood Community College) and taking pottery classes. So she comes home with lots of pottery now. Some of it's great but she's learning the pottery wheel and so much of it is boarderline throw away stuff. Anyway, now we have too many bowls and saucers and cups. More dishes. Just more of everything.

Oooh my -- I can't imagine. Smile

I noticed that your husband is 49. How is he dealing with the approaching 50th birthday?? My husband turned 50 a few months ago and isn't particularly happy with it. I know, it's off topic.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
23-07-2013, 04:20 PM
(23-07-2013 03:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 10:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  3 boys, 49, 19 and 13. Tongue

Pro tip: No more dish washing. Throw dirty dishes away, daughter makes new ones.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-07-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2013 04:30 PM by Logica Humano.)
[Image: 2yua8uv.png]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
23-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Smile
(23-07-2013 04:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oooh my -- I can't imagine. Smile

I noticed that your husband is 49. How is he dealing with the approaching 50th birthday?? My husband turned 50 a few months ago and isn't particularly happy with it. I know, it's off topic.

He dealt with it, by scheduling a trip with our oldest son to coincide with his birthday -- lol. That way he didn't have to think about it at all.

His birthday was yesterday, so I can safely say -- he's sooooo not happy! I don't want to think how cranky he'll be next year. He'll probably schedule a trip to Vegas or Hawaii to ease into the idea. Wink

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon