Attn: theword

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
21-08-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Attn: theword
No bird here so far...

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Word...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
28-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Still waiting...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-08-2013, 12:12 PM
(28-08-2013 10:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Still waiting...

Discussion is hard, KC. It might involve an active synapse or two.

Drive-by intellectual diarrhea is just so much easier!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
28-08-2013, 12:14 PM
This bird has flown!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
28-08-2013, 01:27 PM
You have no proof of TheWord.
I ask for proof, and all you come back with are posts containing various words in various arrangements.

You can't show any proof because you don't have any.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
02-09-2013, 11:11 AM
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Formatting's broken on theword's post (missing close quote tag). I fixed it. Couldn't help adding a couple comments.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #1
Are you a Christian?
(02-09-2013 11:11 AM)theword Wrote:  That's a very broad term these days. I am a traditional Christian who believes in the deity of Jesus and that He lived, died, and rose again.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #2
If so, are you a Young Earth Creationist?
(02-09-2013 11:11 AM)theword Wrote:  To me it is irrelevant when the earth was created. We weren't there when it happened, it doesn't really matter when it happened, and contrary to many of you- we don't have the scientific methods or measures to accurately determine exactly when the earth was created. One question atheists cannot answer is how the earth was created, most think that the earth was just "always here".

No scientifically inclined person has ever said that the earth was just "always here".

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #3
If you are a Christian, do you believe all denominations "have it right" and are "saved"? This includes Mormons.
(02-09-2013 11:11 AM)theword Wrote:  This is probably one of your trick questions, because you know myself, as well as the general public do not trust atheists. It is also a trick that atheists use to trap people in answering "then why are there so many denominations."
First. let me say that atheism is a denomination. You may disagree, but it is true. Here is a link to an atheist church. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08...32911.html
Secondly, and this will answer q's 5 and 6.
Jesus did not come to the world to build a religion. He did not come to build a physical "church" with pews and bells and all that.
Jesus wants people to believe in Him and follow Him.
It is laughable how you atheists categorize Christians and take quotes in the Bible out of context. You are lost, you don't care, and that's your problem!
You may see Mormons in Heaven, you may see Baptists, Catholics, maybe even Muslim. You see, this is another area where you people are lost. Being a member of a denomination does not give you a ticket to Heaven. Jesus never said it and neither does the Bible.

KC is a Christian.

Having meetings is not sufficient criteria to be a church.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #7
Would you ever consider following Joseph Smith's teachings and believing them as truth - ie on the same parallel as the Bible?
(02-09-2013 11:11 AM)theword Wrote:  No. Joseph Smith was a man. He was shot while escaping jail. Some may believe him, it's their choice.
Let me add another distrust of atheists, because they always try to box and close and have something up their sleeve when asking questions.
Joseph Smith was a man, he died and you can see his grave. I believe Jesus rose from the dead- that's my prerogative. You atheists do not, that is your prerogative. You can do the research yourself- it's a matter of belief, some do, some don't.

KC is a Christian.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
02-09-2013, 11:42 AM
02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Formatting is broken on theword's post again Rolleyes.

This seems to be the laconic version.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #1
Are you a Christian?
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer:Yes

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #2
If so, are you a Young Earth Creationist?
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer:We do not know when the Earth was created. No one was there. It does not really matter when the Earth was created.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #3
If you are a Christian, do you believe all denominations "have it right" and are "saved"? This includes Mormons.
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer: Jesus did not come here to establish denominations.

That... doesn't answer the question.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #4
If no, why not?
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer: Being a member of a certain church has no bearing on salvation.

See above.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #5
If you do not considered Mormons to be a Christian denomination that has truth aka they follow false teachings, what makes their teaching/manuscripts/leaders incorrect or false?
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer: According to the Bible, any teachings contrary to Jesus are false.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #6
Would you consider Mormonism a cult? If so, why?
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer: Again, Jesus did not come to establish religions. Therefore, technically, all "religions" are cults.

(16-08-2013 10:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Question #7
Would you ever consider following Joseph Smith's teachings and believing them as truth - ie on the same parallel as the Bible?
(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Answer: No.

(02-09-2013 11:42 AM)theword Wrote:  Here is one of the many problems with theists. You people always want to categorize Christians, take Bible verses out of context, and back Christians in a corner with questions. Your questions may be genuine, I would probably bet against that however. So here is the bottom line.
Jesus did not come to Earth to establish a religion, or build a church with pews and bells. He said "follow me". This is why there are so many denominations in the world, because people, including atheists, are always trying to figure out how it works. How it works is simple, follow Jesus....

Can't figure out if that's a typo or not..

There are different denominations because people disagree as to what following Jesus entails.

Is your position that so long as that's the intention, the actual practice and doctrine don't matter?