Attractive woman.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Attractive woman.
Okay, I have to tell you guys about something.
I've just been to a session with my psychologist. It's one I just started seeing, it was my second session with her.
After a bunch of talking about my constant anxiety I admitted that one of the things making me anxious in that moment is that I find her so pretty. I'm always scared to death that women are going to hate me if they find out that I find them attractive.
She's so sweet and lovely. I nearly ran out of there after telling her! I really maxed out my anxiety scale!
I don't know why I'm always so scared that women I find attractive will dislike me/it if they find out. Must be one of the lovely side effect of growing up in a fundamental christian world.

Anyway. I wanted to ask. How would those of you who are straight females feel if you found out another woman was attracted to you? Not in love with you or anything like that, just liked you and found you stunningly beautiful. Smile

I'm still panicking about having told her.
Why couldn't I have gotten a mean, old, unattractive psychologist?! Facepalm

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Attractive woman.
I would be extremely flattered. I'm sure your psychologist appreciated the compliment. Smile
[+] 9 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2016, 09:10 AM
(29-06-2016 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would be extremely flattered. I'm sure your psychologist appreciated the compliment. Smile

You are sweet. Smile

And you wouldn't feel uncomfortable around me or want to avoid me?

I'm in a very liberal country where basically noone, or at least only a very small minority cares if you're straight or not. So I don't know why I'm so friggin' scared.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 09:12 AM
(29-06-2016 09:10 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would be extremely flattered. I'm sure your psychologist appreciated the compliment. Smile

You are sweet. Smile

I'm in a very liberal country where basically noone, or at least only a very small minority cares if you're straight or not. So I don't know why I'm so friggin' scared.

No, absolutely not. Smile
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2016, 09:13 AM

Agreed.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
29-06-2016, 09:14 AM
I've been flattered when that happened to me, which it did a couple of times when I was younger.

concerning your psychologist, it's great that you were honest with her. It might raise some ethical issues for her in treating you if your feelings start intensifying, so it's good for her to be aware. I would hope that she finds your comment flattering.
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
29-06-2016, 09:17 AM
(29-06-2016 09:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 09:10 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  You are sweet. Smile

No, absolutely not. Smile

Hopefully you're representative of the worlds female population. Big Grin
I'm probably never going to go around telling all women how beautiful they are and how occationally I get little crushes on some of them. My boyfriend will probably appreciate that too. Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 09:18 AM
It was indeed a flattering comment. It is on her to not read too much into it. I really don't think she'll have a problem with that.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
29-06-2016, 09:18 AM
I admire beauty. I think everyone does. I'm female but I'll stop and look at a beautiful woman whose symmetry is perfect or close to perfect. I'll look at a beautiful man too. Beauty is an attractive thing whether it's male or female. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Perhaps your anxiety stems from another source. If your psychologist was an extremely handsome man would you be as stressed out? I would probably more concerned with a good looking male psychologist myself but everyone's different.

I have a reeeeeally good looking optometrist. The guy is drop dead handsome. That reminds me, I gotta get my eyes checked out. Angel

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-06-2016, 09:20 AM
(29-06-2016 09:14 AM)julep Wrote:  I've been flattered when that happened to me, which it did a couple of times when I was younger.

concerning your psychologist, it's great that you were honest with her. It might raise some ethical issues for her in treating you if your feelings start intensifying, so it's good for her to be aware. I would hope that she finds your comment flattering.

I know. I don't think it's going to be a problem. Hopefully not, since she's the best psychologist I've been to so far. And I've gone through a lot of psychologists over the years! Haha