Attractive woman.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Attractive woman.
Delivery probably has something to do with how it's received.

When I lived in the San Francisco Bay this happened a few times. I was flattered but felt the need to explain that I was predominantly straight and currently in a relationship. I did appreciate it though. One of the ladies was a long term friend and needed no explanation and the friendship continued happily.

Therapists are trained in how to deal with patients who develop a crush on their therapist. It happens a lot. I am sure it will be just fine.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
29-06-2016, 09:22 AM
(29-06-2016 09:18 AM)skyking Wrote:  It was indeed a flattering comment. It is on her to not read too much into it. I really don't think she'll have a problem with that.

Good to hear. I hope she wont!

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
29-06-2016, 09:27 AM
(29-06-2016 09:18 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I admire beauty. I think everyone does. I'm female but I'll stop and look at a beautiful woman whose symmetry is perfect or close to perfect. I'll look at a beautiful man too. Beauty is an attractive thing whether it's male or female. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Perhaps your anxiety stems from another source. If your psychologist was an extremely handsome man would you be as stressed out? I would probably more concerned with a good looking male psychologist myself but everyone's different.

I have a reeeeeally good looking optometrist. The guy is drop dead handsome. That reminds me, I gotta get my eyes checked out. Angel

No that's the thing. If it was a gorgeous man I wouldn't be concerned at all. I'd find it funny and joke about it with others. I wouldn't have any worries at all about the session. I don't know why I'm so scared of beautiful women, but perfectly comfortable around handsome men.
I'd also happily get my eyes checked as often as possible without being a stalker around a drop dead gorgeous male optometrist. Laugh out load

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
29-06-2016, 09:31 AM
(29-06-2016 09:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  Delivery probably has something to do with how it's received.

When I lived in the San Francisco Bay this happened a few times. I was flattered but felt the need to explain that I was predominantly straight and currently in a relationship. I did appreciate it though. One of the ladies was a long term friend and needed no explanation and the friendship continued happily.

Therapists are trained in how to deal with patients who develop a crush on their therapist. It happens a lot. I am sure it will be just fine.

True. They must be used to dealing with that.

Seems nobody here would run away screaming and start having nightmares about me Laugh out load Good to know. Smile

People are so nice around here. Smile

29-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Ladyday, are you sexually attracted to her or do you simply think she's pretty? There's a difference.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-06-2016, 09:45 AM
I am not straight at all but no matter who tells me a compliment like this (in a serious manner), I'd probably blush and be out of words. I personally do not think I am pretty but I have been told that I am before, and it really always was the case that I was just wondering why someone would say that to me. It has never been a negative reaction though. I never were and never will be hostile towards a person that gives a genuine compliment.

I think generally you can try and relax about it because your therapist is a professional. There are people saying the weirdest things to her. I am 100% sure that being told she is pretty is by far the most positive thing, that she usually hears from her patients. So I don't think there is a need to worry. If you are still anxious about it next time you have a session with her, just address that you are still anxious because you said this to her. And she will be able to clarify any doubts in your mind Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
29-06-2016, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 09:53 AM by LadyDay.)
(29-06-2016 09:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ladyday, are you sexually attracted to her or do you simply think she's pretty? There's a difference.

I'm physically attracted to her, but I don't sit around having sexual thoughts when having sessions with her. I don't loose focus from it. I do have occasional thoughts after seeing her about kissing her and touching her gently and, you know, so on... Blush Sexual thoughts. But I haven't thought like that about her between the last and this session other than just after talking to her.

I imagine Dom is right though that it's common for patients to develop little crushes on their therapist. After all you share your most personal, secret inner life with them.
Dom is a wise woman!

[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 09:52 AM
(29-06-2016 09:45 AM)Leela Wrote:  I am not straight at all but no matter who tells me a compliment like this (in a serious manner), I'd probably blush and be out of words. I personally do not think I am pretty but I have been told that I am before, and it really always was the case that I was just wondering why someone would say that to me. It has never been a negative reaction though. I never were and never will be hostile towards a person that gives a genuine compliment.

I think generally you can try and relax about it because your therapist is a professional. There are people saying the weirdest things to her. I am 100% sure that being told she is pretty is by far the most positive thing, that she usually hears from her patients. So I don't think there is a need to worry. If you are still anxious about it next time you have a session with her, just address that you are still anxious because you said this to her. And she will be able to clarify any doubts in your mind Smile

I'm sure you're attractive in a lot of ways! The most attractive thing about a person is if they're lovely, sweet, genuine people!

Thanks for easing my mind Smile

[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 09:59 AM
By the way, in case it hasn't been clear, I'm in a very happy, monogamous relationship with an amazing man. And I can't imagine I'd develop serious feelings for anybody else. But just because you're in a happy long term relationship doesn't mean you stop finding other people attractive. I'm human. Smile

[+] 5 users Like LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 10:06 AM
(29-06-2016 09:59 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  . But just because you're in a happy long term relationship doesn't mean you stop finding other people attractive. I'm human. Smile
This so much.
I prefer girls but am married to a man. He knows my preferences. It has never been a problem. Quite the contrary, we love each other like crazy but we actually sit on the beach and point out the good female bums to each other Big Grin Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post