Attractive woman.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Attractive woman.
I think it's really good that you can be honest with yourself about this. I understand that you were raised in a fundie family, so your knee-jerk reaction may be to feel that it's wrong or foreign to you. But it need not be, and getting yourself to a place where you can comfortably feel this way should be viewed as a positive step in your life.

Besides, being attracted to other women is probably more common than you think. Maybe you're psychologist is attracted to you, too. Don't automatically dismiss the possibility that she can personally relate to your feelings.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
29-06-2016, 10:14 AM
(29-06-2016 10:06 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 09:59 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  . But just because you're in a happy long term relationship doesn't mean you stop finding other people attractive. I'm human. Smile
This so much.
I prefer girls but am married to a man. He knows my preferences. It has never been a problem. Quite the contrary, we love each other like crazy but we actually sit on the beach and point out the good female bums to each other Big Grin Big Grin

My boyfriend and I are also very relaxed about it. He's never been bothered by my sexuality and never displayed signs of believing the myth that bisexuals can't be monogamous.
We are also happy to discuss good female bums. Laugh out load We should all get together and start a "bum appreciation club" Big Grin

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 10:15 AM
my wife and I have fun too. One time in Cancun, this young woman in a (Bud)---(Weiser) bikini met us on the sidewalk. After we passed, she said "bud" and I said "weiser" and we had a good giggle. Now it is our inside joke. Smile
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
29-06-2016, 10:22 AM
(29-06-2016 10:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I think it's really good that you can be honest with yourself about this. I understand that you were raised in a fundie family, so your knee-jerk reaction may be to feel that it's wrong or foreign to you. But it need not be, and getting yourself to a place where you can comfortably feel this way should be viewed as a positive step in your life.

Besides, being attracted to other women is probably more common than you think. Maybe you're psychologist is attracted to you, too. Don't automatically dismiss the possibility that she can personally relate to your feelings.

Strangely, I never have any knee-jerk negative feelings about anybody else on the LGBT spectrum. Couldn't even make myself look at it as negative when I was a fundie myself and supposed to find it sinful. But when it comes to my own feelings I get all sorts of anxious feelings. It's like I feel it's wrong for me, but only me, to like others of the same sex. Hard to explain. I think I generally judge myself a lot and am scared of other people not liking me or finding me a bad person.
Hopefully my beautiful and skilled psychologist will help me with that Smile

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 3 users Like LadyDay's post
29-06-2016, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 10:42 AM by Doddia.)
(29-06-2016 08:59 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Okay, I have to tell you guys about something.
I've just been to a session with my psychologist. It's one I just started seeing, it was my second session with her.
After a bunch of talking about my constant anxiety I admitted that one of the things making me anxious in that moment is that I find her so pretty. I'm always scared to death that women are going to hate me if they find out that I find them attractive.
She's so sweet and lovely. I nearly ran out of there after telling her! I really maxed out my anxiety scale!
I don't know why I'm always so scared that women I find attractive will dislike me/it if they find out. Must be one of the lovely side effect of growing up in a fundamental christian world.

Anyway. I wanted to ask. How would those of you who are straight females feel if you found out another woman was attracted to you? Not in love with you or anything like that, just liked you and found you stunningly beautiful. Smile

I'm still panicking about having told her.
Why couldn't I have gotten a mean, old, unattractive psychologist?! Facepalm

In my younger days I had some Lesbian friends and I noticed that some Lesbian's I didn't know were attracted to me and assumed that I was a Lesbian.

I'm a biker so the way I dress marks me out as one even though I'm not.

I always felt really good that they liked me so much! It's a compliment and I expect that your therapist took it as one? Also, although I'm straight I've sometimes been very attracted to other women. It's the person, not the sex that attracted me and it was in a way like you said; I just liked them!
[+] 3 users Like Doddia's post
29-06-2016, 11:57 AM
I know this isn't exactly the same, but... I'm a straight guy and a gay acquaintance of mine once told me he thought I was attractive. I was flattered. It made my day, in fact. He wasn't hitting on me or anything and I took it exactly how he meant it, as a friendly (and hopefully genuine) compliment.

(29-06-2016 10:14 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  We should all get together and start a "bum appreciation club" Big Grin
I would very much like to join this club.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-06-2016, 12:05 PM
(29-06-2016 11:57 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I know this isn't exactly the same, but... I'm a straight guy and a gay acquaintance of mine once told me he thought I was attractive. I was flattered. It made my day, in fact. He wasn't hitting on me or anything and I took it exactly how he meant it, as a friendly (and hopefully genuine) compliment.

(29-06-2016 10:14 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  We should all get together and start a "bum appreciation club" Big Grin

Lol LadyDay, can I join? Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Doddia's post
29-06-2016, 12:09 PM
(29-06-2016 11:57 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I know this isn't exactly the same, but... I'm a straight guy and a gay acquaintance of mine once told me he thought I was attractive. I was flattered. It made my day, in fact. He wasn't hitting on me or anything and I took it exactly how he meant it, as a friendly (and hopefully genuine) compliment.

Funny, but to me you look a lot like this guy on the US $100 bill. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-06-2016, 12:11 PM
(29-06-2016 10:22 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I think it's really good that you can be honest with yourself about this. I understand that you were raised in a fundie family, so your knee-jerk reaction may be to feel that it's wrong or foreign to you. But it need not be, and getting yourself to a place where you can comfortably feel this way should be viewed as a positive step in your life.

Strangely, I never have any knee-jerk negative feelings about anybody else on the LGBT spectrum. Couldn't even make myself look at it as negative when I was a fundie myself and supposed to find it sinful. But when it comes to my own feelings I get all sorts of anxious feelings. It's like I feel it's wrong for me, but only me, to like others of the same sex. Hard to explain. I think I generally judge myself a lot and am scared of other people not liking me or finding me a bad person.
Hopefully my beautiful and skilled psychologist will help me with that Smile
Strangely, I never have any knee-jerk negative feelings about anybody else on the LGBT spectrum. Couldn't even make myself look at it as negative when I was a fundie myself and supposed to find it sinful.

I think that shows why you are here, no amount of brainwashing could cover up a beautiful spirit.
Hug
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
29-06-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm a 37-year-old married father of 2. If I found out ANYBODY thought I was attractive it would totally make my day, lol. If it was someone I had to work with or have some kind of professional relationship with it wouldn't be a problem for me unless they made it a problem.
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post