August Eclipse / Solar Eclipse 2017

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Solar Eclipse 2017
(01-08-2017 11:57 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  13 hours in the car with small children and you might witness another rare phenomenon...

[Image: 2d14a62068d9d150951995e9ec38c78c--horror...-films.jpg]

No small children in my case, but did I mention that my friend is a smoker? Not quite a chain smoker, but still, he smokes a lot. So imagine you're a non-smoker, with a limited amount of vacation time, and to see this eclipse you have to burn a vacation day and spend 12 hours in a car with a smoker? I want to see it, but I'm not sure I want to see it that badly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 12:40 PM
That would be a deal breaker for me. I don't have asthma, but cigarette smoke triggers a reaction in my body that makes it harder to breathe. Then I can 'smell' the cigarette smoke for a good week after being around it. It's almost like it sits in my lungs.

I hope you can find another solution. Perhaps a gas mask? lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
01-08-2017, 04:21 PM
(31-07-2017 10:46 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Anyone looking forward to the eclipse?

Yes. I plan to sacrifice a goat and three chickens at totality, to propitiate the shadow demons, and make the sun come back.

Shocking

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
01-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Nope. In fact with all the people coming here, I sorta hope it rains.

Yeah bitchy mom.

Anyway..it happens in the morning here...98 percent, I gather.

I'm going to bet dollars to donuts that we all forget and sleep late.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-08-2017, 04:58 PM
(01-08-2017 04:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 10:46 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Anyone looking forward to the eclipse?

Yes. I plan to sacrifice a goat and three chickens at totality, to propitiate the shadow demons, and make the sun come back.

Shocking

Won't work unless you add in dancing nekkid around an inverted cross. While chanting "Make America Great Again!!!"

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
01-08-2017, 05:18 PM
My sister and her friend have made plans to drive down to Carbondale, Illinois to see it.
01-08-2017, 05:24 PM
(01-08-2017 04:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  

Shocking

I'm planning to get all of the neighbors together to beat pots and pans vigorously with wooden spoons. It worked for the people in the Middle Ages, and saves on goats. Yes
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
03-08-2017, 03:25 PM
I just double-checked my hotel reservations in Nashville Sunday the 20th to make sure we all still have a room.

Nashville is the largest city in the path of totality, so I'm sure traffic is going to be a bit nuts that day.

Can't wait. Have my tripod and DSLR ready.Thumbsup
03-08-2017, 03:30 PM
(31-07-2017 11:18 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I've been planning for this event for 2-years and now it looks like I'm going to be in Kwajalein. Literally on the other side of the planet. I'm not a happy camper.

Hoping everyone else has great weather for the event.

That costs money to go to Kwajalein, it always costs "Atoll"..... HA I MADE A FUNNY!

My Mom visited there a long time ago because her teaching friend had a husband in the military.

Why would you not be happy, tropical no traffic, hopefully no tropical storms or hurricanes while you are there. Only downside is that it is a tiny island. Looks pretty though.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I asked for the day off. We'll be getting 93% of an eclipse here. I'm so excited, I've never seen one before!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/