Aussie Catholic Church Threatening to Fire Gay Couple Partners

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Bug Aussie Catholic Church Threatening to Fire Gay Couple Partners
One giant backwards step for mankind courtesy of the fucking Roman fucking Catholic church here in Australia...

"Australia's Catholic church is threatening to fire teachers, nurses and other employees who marry their same-sex partner if gay marriage is legalised, in a dramatic move led by the country's most senior Catholic.

Archbishop of Melbourne Denis Hart, speaking exclusively to Fairfax Media, pointedly warned the church's 180,000 employees they were expected to uphold its teachings totally, and defiance would be treated very seriously.

Under Australia's anti-discrimination laws, churches already enjoy wide-ranging exemptions allowing them to hire and fire on the basis of sexual orientation, marital status and other characteristics. While LGBTI employees are often tolerated by church employers, a same-sex wedding may be considered a public denunciation of church teachings on marriage".
Melbourne AGE, Sunday 20 Aug 17.

[Image: 1363265810123.jpg]
Archbishop Denis Hart, known to have
relocated paedophile priests in
Australia, and personal friend
of alleged paedophile George Pell.

And this is Denis Hart (centre rear) with his bum-buddy George Pell (2nd from right)...

[Image: Australia-Catholic-bishops-04-04.jpg]

Can—or should—any mature, literate, rational adult living in a 21st-century, secular Western country trust men who dress as though they're attending a 14th-century fancy-dress ball? There's no way I'd ever let my children near these sexual deviates, or worse, leave them alone in their presence.

I'm absolutely disgusted (and unnerved) by this report, and additionally I could never understand why this arsewipe Denis Hart was never prosecuted for failing to name and/or report known and admitted paedophile priests to the police—apparently under the sanctity of the confessional.

In Australia, according to our 2016 federal census, the "no religion" demographic is now larger than any other of the religions; and that also includes Roman Catholicism and Anglicanism. The RC church has even infiltrated our federal parliament, with more than 50% of our politicians, plus our Prime Minister being Roman Catholic—despite accounting for only 22.6% of the general population. (Atheists now account for 30.1% of our population.)

Censored

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
19-08-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Aussie Catholic Church Threatening to Fire Gay Couple Partners
They do look awfully silly in those dresses! Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-08-2017, 07:38 PM
(19-08-2017 06:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  They do look awfully silly in those dresses! Big Grin

Not half as silly as they do in their fish lips hats, from the god Dagon.

[Image: dagon-priest-papacy.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-08-2017, 08:37 PM
@SYZ

I hope Australia will revoke those exemptions on anti-discrimination laws. That the Catholic Church refuse to ordain women or gays is already a bit stupid, but I am ready to live with that, but that shouldn't extand to all employees of the Church.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
19-08-2017, 08:46 PM
[Image: e4991f7b36486d5234ad93bbc44d7924.jpg]

And those are the facts according to the bible. It's not just some kind of made up fake news put out there trying to make Christians look bad. This is your gospel, Christians. This is your belief system.

I should also add that I thought this Pope was better than that.

[Image: ccccf5a771abe3cd681d91b4075eff7d.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
19-08-2017, 11:14 PM
I got my cardinal socks from here:
http://www.gammarelli.com/ing/chisiamo.aspx?lingua=EN
but I din't pay no $20,000. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-08-2017, 04:13 AM
The world is changing. If they don't change with it, they'll lose their membership, and once that goes they'll consign themselves to irrelevance. Doing this will backfire for them. I'm surprised they're so out of touch.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-08-2017, 06:30 AM
The Pope on a Harley????

Yup...

Hell has frozen over.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Given what we know about Pope Francis, thus far, it's possible that he might rebuke Archbishop Hart or even fire him. I think this issue is far from over. Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
20-08-2017, 04:43 PM
There's a follow-up headline story in this morning's paper...

"Archbishops out of step with Catholic community and the Pope" which says in part: "Archbishop Denis Hart of Melbourne and Archbishop Timothy Costelloe of Perth WA are at least consistent...

For many years, because of their beliefs and their actions in getting parliamentarians to give discrimination exemptions to religions, Catholic institutions have operated on a de facto "don't ask/don't tell" policy in regard to the employment of LGBTI people. Insecurity and apprehension have festered under this veil of secrecy, as they had done for military personnel and others before them...

Consistent the archbishops may be, but they are entirely out of touch with society generally, and with their own staff and people...

It was never the church's place in Australia to be arbiters of policy or morality...

It is not likely to be only those who oppose the *funding of religious schools generally who will see such ill-considered threats as clericalist overreach, beyond the proper bounds of the separation of church and state...

Building discrimination into the structures and systems of our society, like Catholic education, is the very genesis of the sort of homophobia that does so much physical and psychological damage to LGBTI people. Hart and Costelloe purport to oppose it while naively fuelling it."

* Privately-run Catholic schools receive 63.8% of our federal education budget, while government-run public schools receive only 36.2%. But the Catholic school system educates only 20% of children at all levels of schooling. This gross disparity is currently being debated fiercely—and defended, of course, by the Catholic hierarchy. Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.