Aussie grocery store warns customers about HARMFUL gendered pronouns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Aussie grocery store warns customers about HARMFUL gendered pronouns
I go along with the "sir" and "ma'm" if I need to draw the attention of (say) someone in a queue that was awaiting the pickup of an item that's just been wrapped/cut/weighed/finished/cooked etc in a retail environment. Along with that of course is fixed eye contact with the person—in order to make it obvious you're addressing them personally.

If the person looks like a bloke—or a sheila—then I address them accordingly, as above.

[Image: blokessheilas.jpg?w=960]
Roadhouse in the Western Australian sticks

Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-10-2016, 12:52 AM
(17-10-2016 03:35 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Sure -- so long as you shut the fuck up about surface-to-air missiles.
18-10-2016, 12:57 AM
(17-10-2016 05:09 PM)Leela Wrote:  Besides in the English speaking countries, I am not sure what else to say to a shop clerk other than "Do you know where the toilet paper is" and "Thank you, bye" So such a sign is completely useless in my opinion.

Good lord, America is becoming Third-World ... we don't even have restroom attendants anymore!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-10-2016, 06:02 PM
(17-10-2016 10:36 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I knew I wouldn't be in here long before someone posted that transphobic "attack helicopter" nonsense like it's an original joke or something.

Look, I'm really starting to think it's kinda like the "Happy Holidays" nonsense. We as a culture need to change how we think and talk in order to be more inclusive. Maybe putting up a sign is too much, too blatant, and more likely to provoke a negative reaction. But the essence is that we have to change to be more inclusive of people.

I sexually Identify as a sexual identity. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of being sexual and of hot dikes sucking on me. People say to me that a person being an opinion is impossible and that I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install bullshit, marker-eye brows, pink hair and Tumblr on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "sexy" and respect my right to be over-used and TRIGGERING. If you can't accept me you're an opiniophobe and need to check your brain privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

I sexually Identify as Adolf Hitler. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of incinerating people and dropping hot oppression on disgusting Jews. People say to me that eradicating a people is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a Nazi scientist install a Jew detector and flame thrower on my body so I can find Jews and roast them on the go. From now on I want you guys to call me "Führer" and respect my right to roast Jews and create concentration camps needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a tyrantophobe and need to check your lack of privileges (thanks to myself). Thank you for being so understanding.

I sexually identify as a single, Pringle, ready to mingle. Ever since I was a potato I dreamed of being thin sliced, covered in disgusting oil then heated in a medium oven until reaching climax at the micro second of golden-browness. People bully me, and say things like "what the fuck, you aren't a Pringle", but I know deep down they are just jealous of my inner beauty. I have already started hiding in cylinders all day, and now im improving my crunchiness by regularly burning my sides on the stove. I want you guys to respect my natural ability to instantly satisfy low salt carb cravings, and if you don't you are oppressing me, and you should check your diabetes type. Thank you for being so understanding.
18-10-2016, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 06:13 PM by Jesster.)
Thank you for demonstrating the exact kind of asshattery I was talking about earlier, Gilgamesh. I generally agree with most of the comments in this thread. You are the clear exception.

And aren't you so clever for mocking me with a comment about my cock in a negative rating after I rated you? Retaliation at its finest.
18-10-2016, 06:16 PM
(18-10-2016 06:09 PM)Jesster Wrote:  Thank you for demonstrating the exact kind of asshattery I was talking about earlier, Gilgamesh. I generally agree with most of the comments in this thread. You are the clear exception.

I sexually identify as a shitposter. Ever since I was a serious poster I dreamed of spamming ironic memes and posting copypastas. Moderators message me saying that shitposting is against the rules and they'll ban me, but I don't care, they're Nazis. I'm having the Chinese take ownership of my alt accounts, spam multiple threads for me, and hide my IP address behind several proxies. From now on I want you guys to call me "#Swagefrog" and respect my right to funpost above all and funpost needlessly. If you report me you're just mad cuz rekt and need to check to see if you've been posting memes lately.

You're such a triggered little faggot though. A copypasta that only objectively talks about helicopters offends you lol.
18-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Fuck it. I'm just reporting and ignoring.
18-10-2016, 06:24 PM
(18-10-2016 06:09 PM)Jesster Wrote:  And aren't you so clever for mocking me with a comment about my cock in a negative rating after I rated you? Retaliation at its finest.

Well I wasn't going to lend your bullshit credence by addressing it in earnest. Surely you're a wrong, little human - but you don't command enough relevance for one to want to argue for this truths behalf.

Quote:Fuck it. I'm just reporting and ignoring.

Stay mad, faggot lol.
18-10-2016, 07:05 PM
If you do not know for certain, it is akin to a comedy bit I saw:
Under no circumstance comment on a woman's pregnancy unless you actually see a baby coming out.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
19-10-2016, 11:41 AM
(18-10-2016 06:18 PM)Jesster Wrote:  Fuck it. I'm just reporting and ignoring.
Too much salt is unhealthy

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post