Australia: muslim convert gets whipped for drinking alcohol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Australia: muslim convert gets whipped for drinking alcohol
Ok, I'll stop the negative news after this one... promised! Tongue

Quote:A SYDNEY man who was held down on his bed and whipped up to 40 times by strangers had recently converted to Islam and was reportedly being punished for drinking.

The 31-year-old was asleep in his apartment in Silverwater, in Sydney's west, when he woke to find four bearded men in his bedroom about 1am (AEST) yesterday.

Three of the intruders restrained him on the bed while the fourth man used a cable to lash him 40 times.

The attack lasted about 30 minutes and left the man covered in welts, the Seven Network reported today.

The man reportedly told police he had only recently converted to Islam and that fundamental Wahabi Muslims were punishing him for having a few drinks with friends.

Members of Sydney's Muslim community have condemned the attack.

"This criminal act has no place in Islam. As Australian Muslims we are required to follow Australian law, not take the law into our own individual hands," Ahmed Kilami, from the Muslim Village, told the Seven Network.

"I hope these guys are caught and face the full force of the law."

The victim has moved out of his home but hopes what happens to him will not distort people's view of his adopted religion, the network said.

Surely a despicable act, but I can only think the guy partially deserved it for being so stupid for joining the religion AND trespassing its rules. Am I wrong in thinking so?

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2011, 11:34 AM
RE: Australia: muslim convert gets whipped for drinking alcohol
I hope he's happy about his conversion!

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
19-07-2011, 03:05 PM
(19-07-2011 11:26 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  Am I wrong in thinking so?
I shouldn't give in to negative feelings of shadenfreude but...

TeeHee!! Big GrinBig Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-07-2011, 07:25 PM
That's about as dumb as joining a neo nazi group, then going to a jewish bar mitzvah on the weekend. As Capt. Kirk said in "The Voyage Home" ;
"Double Dumbass on You!" Big GrinBig Grin

I can see this story on Jay Leno, in a segment of "What did you think would happen!?"

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
19-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Wow, I'm ~900km away from Sydney and that's still a little too close to home. I'm surprised that sort of thing doesn't make him think twice about the religion he joined.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
20-07-2011, 10:55 AM
At least the Christian god wants people to love him and worship him out of their own free will. Allah happily does away with all that "free choice" crap. Big Grin

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
20-07-2011, 12:56 PM
This. Is. So. Funny. Hahahahahaha... Bravo, good job converting to Islam, my friend. Keep up the good work as a rightful Muslim. You should also beat the shit out of your friends who gave you the drink.

I mean, really, this is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard somebody did. Other similar is when a friend of a friend started to study Turkey language in college and then she converted to Islam and got herself a Muslim boyfriend,
"because Turks are great nation, great people and they have the most beautiful language"... Smile Islam is so fun and great for all the women to convert...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Lol. While the act of whipping this guy was despicable, and I am not justifying the four mens' actions, he kinda had it coming when he converted.