Australia proves christian morals?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Australia proves christian morals?
Both Aseptic Skeptic and Vosur both make excellent points. Vosur, I think Aseptic Skeptic point is that those who do hold that view specifically hold those double-standards and ignore all of the examples you listed.

Also Vosur, I will cut you if you talk bad 'bout 'murica 'gain. We don't have crime here, we shot all the criminals dead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Re: Australia proves christian morals?
Aseptic skeptic you're right. What was I thinking. Lol

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
11-01-2013, 02:20 PM
(11-01-2013 11:07 AM)FingerWatchTom Wrote:  This guy at a christian youth group said that Australia managed to form a good society from convicts because they all had a christian faith.

A good society . . . for the white newcomers. For the indigenous people of Australia, not so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations

I'm not taking a holier-than-thou attitude here. Our ancestors in the States treated the indigenous people of America just as badly.

Let's hear it for Christianity and the "white man's burden."

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
11-01-2013, 02:22 PM
If the indigenous people of Australia had any common sense, they'd be Christian too, and then God would take care of them like he takes care of all his children. It's pretty simple. Didn't they ever read the bible?

You know, I think I'm starting to get pretty good at this. I wonder if I can make some $$$ in apologetics? If William Lane Craig is any indicator, it should be possible to make good money without actually believing a word I would say.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
11-01-2013, 02:25 PM
(11-01-2013 02:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  If the indigenous people of Australia had any common sense, they'd be Christian too, and then God would take care of them like he takes care of all his children. It's pretty simple. Didn't they ever read the bible?

You know, I think I'm starting to get pretty good at this. I wonder if I can make some $$$ in apologetics? If William Lane Craig is any indicator, it should be possible to make good money without actually believing a word I would say.
If they had any common sense, they'd have invented more than that a stick in their 40,000 something years around here. Dodgy

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
11-01-2013, 02:39 PM
(11-01-2013 12:50 PM)kineo Wrote:  Also Vosur, I will cut you if you talk bad 'bout 'murica 'gain. We don't have crime here, we shot all the criminals dead.
The perfect solution. Rolleyes

By the way, welcome back, kineo. You've been absent for a few months if I remember correctly.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
(11-01-2013 02:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 02:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  If the indigenous people of Australia had any common sense, they'd be Christian too, and then God would take care of them like he takes care of all his children. It's pretty simple. Didn't they ever read the bible?

If they had any common sense, they'd have invented more than that a stick in their 40,000 something years around here. Dodgy

Didgeridoo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2013, 03:25 PM
(11-01-2013 03:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 02:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If they had any common sense, they'd have invented more than that a stick in their 40,000 something years around here. Dodgy

Didgeridoo.
Didgeridoos are cool. And they pass the spell checker, which I didn't expect.

Yeah, you're lucky they didn't invent more than a stick or that colony might have ended up more or less like the Roanoke colony of Virginia in 1590.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
(11-01-2013 02:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 12:50 PM)kineo Wrote:  Also Vosur, I will cut you if you talk bad 'bout 'murica 'gain. We don't have crime here, we shot all the criminals dead.
The perfect solution. Rolleyes

By the way, welcome back, kineo. You've been absent for a few months if I remember correctly.
Hey thanks Vosur- I've been around... I stop by every once in a while still, I just don't post so much lately. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christian Martyrs raven48 1 158 03-05-2014 03:15 AM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  taking christian spirituality vision course hehe goodwithoutgod 0 102 06-03-2014 02:55 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  A breakthrough or another Christian lie of convenience? WillHopp 21 964 28-01-2014 06:46 AM
Last Post: Phil Hill
  YouTube argument with intelligent Christian carasaurus_wres 11 576 08-12-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post: anonymous66
  Christian + Atheist: A two month long conversation of questions and clarifications. Adrianime 5 478 28-11-2013 03:32 AM
Last Post: SevenPatch
  I was presented with this argument by a Christian Lawls 18 710 27-11-2013 06:31 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Best bible verse to quote to Christian. Chrisinfp 79 4,315 04-09-2013 01:47 AM
Last Post: excubitor