Australia's Jesus Cult

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Australia's Jesus Cult
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t6npABeF...ure=g-vrec

This one's an interesting one, folks. Like many cults, its leader claims to be the Mesiah. He says that he remembers everything that happened to him on the day of his crucifixion, and others believe him. In order to gather his followers, he claimed that each and every one of them is a re-incarnation of somebody that was there during his crucifixion. It's crazy, but interesting.

[Image: 8ffeae9d.jpg]
Credit to Atothetheist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pppgggr's post
22-09-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Australia's Jesus Cult
(22-09-2012 07:35 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t6npABeF...ure=g-vrec

This one's an interesting one, folks. Like many cults, its leader claims to be the Mesiah. He says that he remembers everything that happened to him on the day of his crucifixion, and others believe him. In order to gather his followers, he claimed that each and every one of them is a re-incarnation of somebody that was there during his crucifixion. It's crazy, but interesting.

Shit never stops... Stupidity will reign supreme until we overcome it, which is impossible, or die out..... And I am not even sure stupidity dies with our race.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
22-09-2012, 07:59 PM
His act was posted here before. Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Finally a god we can all believe in. I am totally convinced. I mean, I can actually SEE him, and HEAR him. Rolleyes

It could almost make a good sitcom if you add a laugh track. Either that or something in the same vein as The Office. Man, it is super awkward.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
23-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Oh yes, remember all that re-incarnation in the Babble? ... me neither.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
23-09-2012, 11:50 AM
As I can't prove that Jesus is not in Australia or that this guy is lying, I must assume he is telling the truth and is in fact Jesus.

I'll be moving there as soon as possible.
I'll give all my possessions to him, including my wife and childern.
Can't do enough to prove my love and devotion to Jesus. Bowing
I'll call Bill Craig to see it he wants to join me.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
23-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I've been watching all of these documentaries about different 'cults', that were linked in the side bar. I used to spend hours on Wikipedia reading all about various religious groups. That was probably part of the puzzle that got me out of religion all together. Right now watching a documentary about Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple. Crazy stuff!

Contribute to the Community Resource!
23-09-2012, 08:18 PM
(23-09-2012 11:50 AM)Thomas Wrote:  As I can't prove that Jesus is not in Australia or that this guy is lying, I must assume he is telling the truth and is in fact Jesus.

I'll be moving there as soon as possible.
I'll give all my possessions to him, including my wife and childern.
Can't do enough to prove my love and devotion to Jesus. Bowing
I'll call Bill Craig to see it he wants to join me.

Hey Thomas, don't bother as he ain't here No

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
23-09-2012, 09:35 PM
(22-09-2012 07:35 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t6npABeF...ure=g-vrec

Jonestown reprise

And like the Jonestown and Waco inhabitants, and many others, they are bound to perish of course.

But I've been thinking: it's preferable to have a couple hundred or thousand religious idiots perish every few years under their respective messiahs and redeemers than have them succeed at their idiotic goals and create independent nation states that become perverse and immoral superpowers.

So it's not really a bad thing, these sects isolating, damning, and destroying themselves. It is the lesser of two evils.