Australia's birther question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Australia's birther question
The british-born Prime Minister of Australia has denied a Freedom of Information request regarding his citizenship. Under the Australian constitution it is illegal to become a Member of Parliament while holding citizenship in another country, however PM Abbott has so far refused to clarify whether or not he is still a British Citizen, and if not when he revoked his citizenship.

Quote:Most importantly, no-one is questioning Mr Abbott’s "birth". We all know where he was born. So let's just sheet that silly "birther" term right back to the likes of Mr Wyeth and others who are promoting such ridiculous terminology, not the punters. Or, is lumping those questioning the blocking of the FOI request by the PM's office into "birthers", some kind of childish grudge because "non-mainstream" Independent Australia has been raising this issue?
http://www.independentaustralia.net/poli...ralia,6904

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 06:22 AM
RE: Australia's birther question
First I've heard of this - what's the general feeling in Oz?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
18-09-2014, 06:51 AM
lol
18-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Is it legal to inquire about someone else's citizenship via a freedom of info request? Seems a bit personal to me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.