Australia votes 'Yes for love', PM says.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2017, 08:09 AM
RE: Australia votes 'Yes for love', PM says.
A victory for what shouldn't require any battle.
What business does any government have in these sort of issues?
Hopefully people will eventually come to see freedom as the default state of existence and any restrictions as unfortunate necessities.
Obviously people should be able to marry whoever they want without the government having any say in it.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BikerDude's post
15-11-2017, 08:17 AM
Woohoo!

[Image: Rainbow_flag_breeze_grande.jpg?v=1446440040]

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
16-11-2017, 12:02 AM
(14-11-2017 10:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Out of the 150 electorates across all States, only 17 returned with negative majorities. As expected, all age groups had greater than 75% turnout...

And that was largely due to the high number of immigrants in the western Sydney electorates of Blaxland and Watson, who have strong, conservative religious beliefs. The same factors repeated themselves in the only two areas to vote against same-sex marriage in Victoria, Calwell and Bruce.

Voters from Lebanese and Chinese backgrounds now outnumber those from Australian heritage in these areas; 72% of all people had both parents born overseas. 30% are from a Muslim background in Blaxland, and 23% in Watson—or 10 times the Australian national average of 2.6% Muslim.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-11-2017, 02:59 AM
Fuck.

But if Australia fixes this, then the one thing the United States was slightly more progressive about will be lost, and there goes my ammunition for pestering FT...

Also, this is my 'Banjo, I do pay attention to posts about news outside the US' post for the week.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-11-2017, 07:32 AM
(16-11-2017 02:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, this is my 'Banjo, I do pay attention to posts about news outside the US' post for the week.

That ship has sailed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-11-2017, 01:08 PM
(16-11-2017 07:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-11-2017 02:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, this is my 'Banjo, I do pay attention to posts about news outside the US' post for the week.

That ship has sailed.

So? God doesn't post on the forum either, and we take the piss out of him all the damn time. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-11-2017, 07:44 PM
(16-11-2017 02:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck.

But if Australia fixes this, then the one thing the United States was slightly more progressive about will be lost, and there goes my ammunition for pestering FT...

But the Aussies did it by vote. We 'Mericans had to have it shoved down our throats via Supreme Court. We remain...slightly less progressive than everyone else...

16-11-2017, 07:54 PM
(16-11-2017 07:44 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(16-11-2017 02:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck.

But the Aussies did it by vote. We 'Mericans had to have it shoved down our throats via Supreme Court. We remain...slightly less progressive than everyone else...

Speak for yourself, I voted to legalize it when I still lived in Maryland.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-11-2017, 08:13 PM
(16-11-2017 07:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-11-2017 07:44 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  But the Aussies did it by vote. We 'Mericans had to have it shoved down our throats via Supreme Court. We remain...slightly less progressive than everyone else...

Speak for yourself, I voted to legalize it when I still lived in Maryland.

Sorry, nevermind.

16-11-2017, 10:09 PM
(15-11-2017 03:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-11-2017 01:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  See, I think government is for outlawing some stuff, not telling us what we can do.

It's a difference of perspective more than anything else.

At the moment, the laws on the books state that gays cannot get married though. They have to pass an Act amending the Marriage Amendment Bill of 2004 which specifically defined marriage in law as one man one woman.

If the laws on the books say otherwise, elect lawmakers who will rework that, or as we've done in America, grant your courts the power to overturn laws which fly in the face of constitutional liberties.