Australian News reporters religious view 27/10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Australian News reporters religious view 27/10
Hi All,

I came across this story in our newspaper today on the 'dark side of human nature'. It has been written by a reporter with a religious bent. It has made me pretty angry and as I haven't the eloquence of some of the masters of this site I would like some input into the content of the email I would like to send to her and, of course, your opinions -

October 27, 2011
TWO videos of people dying agonising deaths have been big hits on the internet in recent days.
Alternatively, you can copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/crue...6177726175

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 02:40 AM
RE: Australian News reporters religious view 27/10
Such useless people. Those who would ignore the suffering of a small child. They need to die a painful, slow death. I have no such qualms about delivering such a fate.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
28-10-2011, 04:33 PM
(27-10-2011 01:21 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Hi All,

I came across this story in our newspaper today on the 'dark side of human nature'. It has been written by a reporter with a religious bent. It has made me pretty angry and as I haven't the eloquence of some of the masters of this site I would like some input into the content of the email I would like to send to her and, of course, your opinions -

October 27, 2011
TWO videos of people dying agonising deaths have been big hits on the internet in recent days.
Alternatively, you can copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/crue...6177726175

Thanks in advance

I don't see how the relgious connatations of the reporter make much difference in the case of the little girl. It was all very callous, self centred and inhumane. Could it have happened in Melbourne?.

As for Gaddaffi and those sickos lining up to spit on a corpse, it doesn't look too promising for the "new regime" . More arses in the air, more corruption, more torture, a new leader.........been there done that ! Angry
29-10-2011, 11:16 PM
It's abhorrent behaviour on both counts but in two different ways. The first is that of hate filled revenge and the second is that of indifference.
But I cannot believe she sums it all up with saying we're all headed in that direction if the Judao-Christian religion dies out. What is she? Totally fucking blind or something? Has she not looked further than these only two countries? What an uneducated, jesus worshipping, dumb-arse (aussie version) bitch.
Ahh, I feel a little better now. Airing is good.

And, no, it could not happen in Melbourne - if it did I wouldn't want to live here anymore.
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
30-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Hmm, I didn't have much of a problem with the article, until the last three lines retroactively cheapened the entire thing. I don't know why she felt she had to quantify everything with her Judeo-Christian justification, instead of a rational measurement for the "dark side of human nature"... as she put it. Most of the article seemed to really work the high emotional content; preying on the sentimental rather than honoring sentiment. She's obviously just employed to push a sensational image of "morality" and with her last three sentences, she destroys the integrity of editorial journalism. What a loser.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-10-2011, 05:34 AM
One gets the feeling that she would choose any negative news item and tack on the sentences "blah blah post-Christian world we're totally fucked".

My problem is her smugness... there's this statement running through it:
(1) Atheists and people of other faiths are naturally drawn to being brutal horrible people. Just look at the Chinese and Libyans.
(2) We are too, but as Christians we are saved from that by our wonderful God.
(3) The fact that people of other faiths don't behave that way here has nothing to do with their basic civilization, it's just that our great goodness has rubbed off on them.

This is a disgusting attitude frankly. But good luck ever getting the message through to her. If you read the comments there's one or two there slagging her off Tongue She'll probably pray for the perpetrators and feel all lovely and oppressed...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-11-2011, 12:05 PM
With regards to Lybia, I think this will be a great thing. Gaddafi is dead (although it is odd/creepy that they stare at his body) and the people take control, for however long that lasts. Maybe the system won't be great or even good, but populism is still better than totalitarianism.

I am genuinely surprised that the child in China was left for dead. I can't even comprehend why. What reason could there possibly be. With gaddafi, it's more understandable, but the child didn't oppress a fucking nation.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire