Australian Top Secret Papers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Australian Top Secret Papers
I have to laugh at this. I love when the dirty laundry ends up being aired despite efforts to conceal it. I just wish it was the Trump administration.

'Top secret' Australian papers found in secondhand shop include reports on previous embarrassing security lapses

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/...-included/

I fucking loath secrecy on the part of the "public sector".
As far as I'm concerned the Government should not be concealing it's actions from the public other than in very unique circumstances.
This is the reason why the government is called the "public sector".
And everyday people are called the "private sector".
We've effectively turned that relationship on it's head.

And the reaction by the Australian government? (It would have been the same in the US BTW)
“Certainly someone needs to pay a price, there needs to be some consequence for what is a monumental lapse."

I'm not Australian but if it was America I'd be saying "fuck you!
You are public servants and we have a right to know your bullshit."

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2018, 01:15 PM
RE: Australian Top Secret Papers
I agree that governments should be as open as possible when it comes to their actions. There should indeed be a very clear paper trail for every penny spent and any action undertaken, but I'm not an idiot either. Many actions committed by governments need to be secret, that means that the trail of paper must exist, but it also not be accessed by everybody. Governments are compeating against one another. They make war plans, negociation plans that could prove to be dangerous if they become known by rivals. Some internal security notes would also need to be hidden. For example, what is the most vulnerable electrical central to a terrorist attack. That's the sort of thing a population doesn't really need to know as its useless knowledge for anybody that isn't a terrorist or actively fighting terrorism. Too much secrecy is a danger to democracy, but not enough is also very problematic and potentially dangerous. It's just like lying. Nobody likes lying, but if you can't ever lie (even by omission), your relationships would certainly suffer greatly.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
03-02-2018, 06:09 PM
RE: Australian Top Secret Papers
LOL...

The bloke lying in the filing cabinet draw is our current prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, who's totally fucked just about everything he's touched.
Most Aussies would be happy for him to be thrown out with all the other current political garbage, but there's nobody of any substance waiting in the Opposition wings.

[Image: 1517652794335.jpg]

Turnbull, a lawyer and banker, has a personal wealth of $133 million, and is the richest Aussie politician.
I'm surprised that for a bloke with a string of highly-regarded academic qualifications under his belt, he's
apparently as thick as two short planks.

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.