Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
She called the cops. They came. They shot her. Confused

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/a...c1aa927a1f

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
Unless I missed some particularly important detail I see no fucking reason for opening fire on unarmed civilian in pajamas. Guess she must have looked mightily dangerous if officer hidden in car decided to unload his fucking gun on unarmed civilian.

Honestly I'm at loss of words here - I simply can't wrap my mind about this.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
17-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Quote:How both cameras came to be deactivated during the Ms Diamond incident is raising eyebrows, as the shooting is exactly the type of event they were supposed to provide clear and impartial evidence for.

Those fucks need to get done for murder.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-07-2017, 03:07 PM
If those cops are found guilty of manslaugther, I would bet the Afro-American community will be both very angry and glad. Glad because for once, cops were held accountable for shooting unarmed citizens, very pist because it took a white women dying for a jury to finally do it instead of those who have been most often victim of such incompetence and reclaiming changes for decades.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 5 users Like epronovost's post
17-07-2017, 03:28 PM
(17-07-2017 03:07 PM)epronovost Wrote:  If those cops are found guilty of manslaugther, I would bet the Afro-American community will be both very angry and glad. Glad because for once, cops were held accountable for shooting unarmed citizens, very pist because it took a white women dying for a jury to finally do it instead of those who have been most often victim of such incompetence and reclaiming changes for decades.

The fact that she's Australian might also make it harder for it to be ignored. Cops need to be held accountable. They've picked up a reputation for this brutality, a few convictions for this kind of thing would go a long way to restoring confidence in them.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-07-2017, 03:47 PM
(17-07-2017 03:07 PM)epronovost Wrote:  If those cops are found guilty of manslaugther, I would bet the Afro-American community will be both very angry and glad. Glad because for once, cops were held accountable for shooting unarmed citizens, very pist because it took a white women dying for a jury to finally do it instead of those who have been most often victim of such incompetence and reclaiming changes for decades.

The fact would not go unnoticed for sure. Though I think it's about time people understood that innocent citizens(or non-citizens as in this case) should not bear the risk of police work that they never signed up for. If this is what it takes, so be it.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
17-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna go ahead an assume though, that the defence will be something like:

"We were in our cop car minding our own business when this crazy woman came running up to us brandishing what I thought was a weapon" and so forth. Given that it's their word, and that they're cops on duty and there were no other witnesses (they hope), they might get away with this? It's less open and shut than the Philando Castille case. ETA: the cameras being turned off is circumstantial evidence, but probably not enough by itself to convict?

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-07-2017, 05:47 PM
The DA and elected officials will most likely have to do something here. These cops done fucked up and killed a white woman. White people are taught to live in fear of black people. It's reinforced all the time in popular media, movies, etc. It's a big part of the reason that so many people are willing to accept these continued killings by the police of minorities. Because black people are scary! They are a risk to all of us. At any moment a black person is just as likely to kill you as say "good morning, neighbor". But, killing a white woman and the same white woman who called 911? My guess is that's where the line of what is acceptable in society is going to be drawn.

It's going to be interesting to see if the same crowd of people who continually find excuses for these events try to defend this or find some way to distinguish it from the dozens of incidents involving people of color.

As for how the black community views this whole thing, I bet they are eagerly waiting to see what happens next. I know I am.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
17-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Minneapolis is like safer than Canada. What are the police so afraid of?
17-07-2017, 06:23 PM
(17-07-2017 03:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm gonna go ahead an assume though, that the defence will be something like:

"We were in our cop car minding our own business when this crazy woman came running up to us brandishing what I thought was a weapon" and so forth. Given that it's their word, and that they're cops on duty and there were no other witnesses (they hope), they might get away with this? It's less open and shut than the Philando Castille case. ETA: the cameras being turned off is circumstantial evidence, but probably not enough by itself to convict?

Also the defense could be the cultural one.

I mean, they come over here, they don't understand our ways and make no attempt to assimilate; they can't even speak our language but they expect us to accommodate their views and traditions.

Maybe where come from they think they just walk up to a Soggy policeman and have a polite conversation but that's just not the way it's done around here.

I say we build a wall between USA and Australia!

Blink

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post