Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
(17-07-2017 08:32 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Let's just get rid of the concept of innocent until proven guilty [...]

The cop had no problem dispensing with that annoying principle, now did he?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-07-2017, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 08:19 PM by Free Thought.)
Australian PM Malcolm 'Trunbull' has issued a statement demanding answers for the shooting, labelling it a 'shocking and inexplicable killing'
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-19...fmredir=sm

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-07-2017, 09:00 PM
(17-07-2017 08:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 08:38 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Uh it was the Australian woman that didn't get a trial, chief

It is saddening and tragic that she got killed. No one is questioning that, honcho.

[Image: crocodile-tears-1200x800.jpg]
18-07-2017, 09:19 PM
(18-07-2017 07:39 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So if I'm going with the mentality of OLB in this argument, I arrive at, "Bitch should have known better than to call the cops if she thought there was danger, it's really her fault that she's dead. Cops can't be expected to assess a situation before shooting random women in pajamas while putting their own partner at risk in the process, they gots families to think about. Sweet Jesus, ain't nobody got time for that."

Consider

You aint paying any fucking attention, are ya????

Go back and rad my first post in this thread, then tell me where the fuck you came up with that halfwit assessment.....

You might try reading shit before you spout off dickhead drivel......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2017, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 05:29 AM by evenheathen.)
(18-07-2017 09:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  with that halfwit assessment.....

My post was purposely hyperbolic and provocative. I know that's not what you meant, but that's how you come off.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-07-2017, 10:47 PM
(18-07-2017 09:00 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 08:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  It is saddening and tragic that she got killed. No one is questioning that, honcho.

[Image: crocodile-tears-1200x800.jpg]

Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-07-2017, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 08:05 AM by SYZ.)
(18-07-2017 11:41 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @SYZ

Isn't a police officer job to protect innocent civilians at the risk of his life?

No. Absolutely not. Here in Australia (and it may be different in the US of course) but our police, both state and federal are trained specifically to NOT place their own lives at risk during the course of their duty. If there's any such risk, then they're trained to withdraw, regroup, and reassess. Their absolute last line of defense is to draw their sidearm, and if or when they do, command will want to know specifically as to why (after the event of course). There is NO way that this innocent woman would've been shot and killed in an identical scenario in Australia. If it had inadvertently occurred here, then the officer would most likely be facing a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Quote:If he risks his life, we should ''expect'' him to lose it from time to time while protecting innocent civilians.

Sorry, but you're generalising here, and not commenting on this specific killing. There is not one shred of evidence that even suggests that 21-month rookie Mohamed Noor could've perceived his own life "was in danger". He almost immediately fired his weapon—from the passenger's seat of the squad car though the driver-side window—which clearly indicates that another 12-month rookie, as the driver, and the nearest to Justine Damond, perceived no immediate threat, and that Noor panicked, overreacted and then fired indiscriminately.

No competent LEO would ever discharge his weapon with a fellow officer potentially in the line of fire, and particularly not across the confines within the front seat of a vehicle. Noor also put his partner's life at risk due to his irrational state of mind coupled with his inexperience, and should never have drawn his weapon.

Quote:We should also ''accept'' the fact that sometime, he will fail to protect innocent civilians, thus that they will die.

Again, in this specific scenario, Noor was NOT "protecting an innocent civilian"! In case you choose to ignore the fact, he did the exact opposite and intentionally killed an innocent, unarmed civilian.

Quote:What we shouldn't ''accept'' is for the police officer to kill the innocent civilians he was supposed to protect in the first place.

Uh... now you're contradicting what you said above? Firstly (at the least) you imply that these things sometimes happen, and/or we shouldn't blame the officer, and/or he was just carrying out his duties—which also implies a lack of necessary culpableness on his part for what happened. You're also now agreeing that Noor was enabling "the exact opposite" of our (society's) expectations. You can't have it both ways.

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
19-07-2017, 08:19 AM
The following link refers to a report in one of Australia's national newspapers today 19/7/17...

Justine Damond Death: Minneapolis Authorities are Not Joining the Dots.

"Officials are not joining the dots. But three days after the police killing of Australian Justine Damond in the Minneapolis suburbs, the emerging narrative is this: spooked by fireworks that exploded just before Damond approached a squad car, a cop pulled his gun and shot through the driver's side window.

Damond can't tell us what happened in a darkened alley—because she died, after taking a bullet in the abdomen. And the man who seemingly admits to pulling the trigger is refusing to be interviewed —that's his constitutional right, we're told."

—Surely this refusal can't be a "constitutional right" that enables an individual facing an indictment to refuse to a police interview—at the very least by Minnesota's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. And what's this "seemingly" weasel word? The beginnings of a police cover up? It's more than obvious to everyone involved that Noor pulled the trigger and killed Damond.

"[Doesn't] the Damond killing point to an even greater problem, in that Minneapolis had a law and order culture that allowed two rookie cops—Harrity, 12 months; Noor, 21 months—to cruise a neighbourhood late at night, armed with guns they didn't seem to know how to use?

The mayor [Betsy Hodges] deflected: I think your question is more about policing in the US—and we are in a country where people have guns.

And somehow that misses the point of Damond's death. It was she who had called the cops and she was anything but a threat in her pyjamas and armed only with a mobile phone as she ventured into the night to see what was happening in the alley behind her home".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
19-07-2017, 08:34 AM
(18-07-2017 09:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 09:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  with that halfwit assessment.....

My post was purposely hyperbolic and provocative. I know that's not what you meant, but that's how you come off.

He comes off as fucking Alex Jones when it comes to this topic. Which is a tad hilarious since he accuses the "other side" of being irrational and jumping to conclusions.....and then he doubles down on the irrational, jumps to absurd conclusions, and then rants and raves like a goddamn lunatic.
19-07-2017, 08:41 AM
(19-07-2017 08:34 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 09:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My post was purposely hyperbolic and provocative. I know that's not what you meant, but that's how you come off.

He comes off as fucking Alex Jones when it comes to this topic. Which is a tad hilarious since he accuses the "other side" of being irrational and jumping to conclusions.....and then he doubles down on the irrational, jumps to absurd conclusions, and then rants and raves like a goddamn lunatic.

Don't you know? If a cop shoots you, you have to have been guilty, because cops only shoot guilty people. Or innocent people sometimes by accident, especially if they're white and Australian and inconveniently hard to gloss over. But why go to the expense of a trial when we all know that the cop is really innocent? Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post