Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 03:23 AM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
Apologies... double post.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2017, 06:48 AM
(25-07-2017 03:11 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
[Image: 1500972409040.jpg]

Minneapolis and its twin city of St Paul have been shaken by multiple police shootings and "overuse of force". The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota has demanded the entire police department undergo new use of force and de-escalation training...

Meanwhile, official-looking metal signs have been anonymously erected around Minneapolis, stating: "Warning: Twin Cities police easily startled"

Big Grin

Boston PD is big on de-escalation and we seem to have far fewer issues with unnecessary force. They also work with community leaders especially in the bad areas. Not sure how hard it is to become a cop in the west. Here you have a line of people for every open position and departments can be very selective. Many are college educated or go on to get their degree when hired.

I hope they do this (along with other things) as they really have an issue with this type of thing.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-07-2017, 07:05 AM
(21-07-2017 02:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  

And the racist fuckwittery has started. Interesting how it's couched. Rather than seeing this as a problem with the police the response is to allege that this is an affirmative action problem and a problem with the individual, and with the Muslim community.

Dodgy I despise this shit Angry

You might also wonder why Jessie Jackson Johnny Cochran didn't go running to the aid of Steven Utash......

Oh... You'd have to Google him, wouldn't you????

He's hardly worth note..

He's not as important as Trayvon Martin or Rodney King....

Dodgy

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-07-2017, 07:24 AM
(25-07-2017 07:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 02:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  

And the racist fuckwittery has started. Interesting how it's couched. Rather than seeing this as a problem with the police the response is to allege that this is an affirmative action problem and a problem with the individual, and with the Muslim community.

Dodgy I despise this shit Angry

You might also wonder why Jessie Jackson Johnny Cochran didn't go running to the aid of Steven Utash......

He's hardly worth note..

Dodgy

Are you suggesting that because I am not aware of some white guy being killed somehow this excuses the bullshit on display in the video I linked?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-07-2017, 07:53 AM
(25-07-2017 07:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 07:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You might also wonder why Jessie Jackson Johnny Cochran didn't go running to the aid of Steven Utash......

He's hardly worth note..

Dodgy

Are you suggesting that because I am not aware of some white guy being killed somehow this excuses the bullshit on display in the video I linked?

No, I was not.

It's who the media deems worthy.

If it's a beating, it's a black man.

If it's a kidnapping, it's a white girl.....

I don't ( and I assume you don't) make the rules.

I simply noted them.....

FYI - Steven wasn't killed. He was beaten into a coma over a traffic accident he was not at fault for.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-07-2017, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 10:03 AM by morondog.)
(25-07-2017 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 07:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Are you suggesting that because I am not aware of some white guy being killed somehow this excuses the bullshit on display in the video I linked?

No, I was not.

I simply noted them.....

FYI - Steven wasn't killed. He was beaten into a coma over a traffic accident he was not at fault for.

Was it investigated and nothing done? I can well believe that many of these cases do not go reported in the media, but that's also... you know, they sell stories. So if it's one more story, then it'll make local news. It's only if there's some angle that it'll be picked up nationally or internationally. I will however stake money that there's no real cottage industry of cops shooting white kids and walking away scot free? Whereas the same seems to be not true of black kids. ETA: and obviously *either* of those scenarios is completely unacceptable. I'm not suggesting an equal opportunity murder scheme. But that accountability in your police system seems to be lacking.

This was not media by the way, at least not mainstream. It's the Young Turks, a youtube channel who're... somewhat hysterical at times I feel, at least, the once I was watching them they seemed to stray a bit from the known facts, but given that the video I linked shows extensive footage of Michelle Bachmann herself delivering this race-baiting rhetoric I thought it was relevant to the discussion. ETA: I'm withdrawing my objection to Young Turks. The story I thought was nuts was about Trump, and turns out to be backed up by the New York Times.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-07-2017, 08:20 AM
(25-07-2017 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 07:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  Are you suggesting that because I am not aware of some white guy being killed somehow this excuses the bullshit on display in the video I linked?

No, I was not.

I simply noted them.....

FYI - Steven wasn't killed. He was beaten into a coma over a traffic accident he was not at fault for. And the culprits were punished for the offence.

Minor fix.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
25-07-2017, 10:41 AM
(25-07-2017 08:20 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No, I was not.

I simply noted them.....

FYI - Steven wasn't killed. He was beaten into a coma over a traffic accident he was not at fault for. And the culprits were punished for the offence.

Minor fix.

Your minor fix should also add that it didn't play on the 6 o'clock news every night for 3 months......consequently, he's just some white fuck getting his ass beat.....no big...

25-07-2017, 10:43 AM
(25-07-2017 10:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:20 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Minor fix.

Your minor fix should also add that it didn't play on the 6 o'clock news every night for 3 months......consequently, he's just some white fuck getting his ass beat.....no big...

Sure. Crime is committed. Culprits caught and punished. It's a dog bite man story.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
25-07-2017, 10:52 AM
(25-07-2017 10:43 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 10:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Your minor fix should also add that it didn't play on the 6 o'clock news every night for 3 months......consequently, he's just some white fuck getting his ass beat.....no big...

Sure. Crime is committed. Culprits caught and punished. It's a dog bite man story.

Guy with concealed carry permit shoots young black man who was assaulting him. Jury finds for justifiable self defense.
Media goes nuts. Shitstorm 24/7 Large section of population psychicly KNOWS the jury got it wrong. No evidence needed or indeed seen...
I'll bet you KNOW Trayvon didn't do nothing wrong.... Right??

Thanks for proving my point.

Dog bites man story, indeed.....