Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
(25-07-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 10:43 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Sure. Crime is committed. Culprits caught and punished. It's a dog bite man story.

Guy with concealed carry permit shoots young black man who was assaulting him. Jury finds for justifiable self defense.
Media goes nuts. Shitstorm 24/7 Large section of population psychicly KNOWS the jury got it wrong. No evidence needed or indeed seen...
I'll bet you KNOW Trayvon didn't do nothing wrong.... Right??

Thanks for proving my point.

Dog bites man story, indeed.....

I don't know anything about guy with the concealed carry permit shooting a young black man(or any color and age human being) who was assaulting him story. I haven't said anything about Trayvon either. What do they have to do with Steve Utash?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2017, 11:27 AM
(25-07-2017 10:43 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Sure. Crime is committed. Culprits caught and punished. It's a dog bite man story.

Guy with concealed carry permit shoots young black man who was assaulting him. Jury finds for justifiable self defense.
Media goes nuts. Shitstorm 24/7 Large section of population psychicly KNOWS the jury got it wrong. No evidence needed or indeed seen...

I don't pretend to KNOW any of the things you claim, but I'm pretty sure that you are oversimplifying the incident in question. There's a bit more to it than "young black man ... was assaulting him", and the missing bits are important. For instance, you could add at the end: "... after he stalked the young black man and confronted him, despite being advised not to." That changes things a bit, don't you think?
25-07-2017, 11:41 AM
(25-07-2017 11:27 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Guy with concealed carry permit shoots young black man who was assaulting him. Jury finds for justifiable self defense.

I don't pretend to KNOW any of the things you claim, but I'm pretty sure that you are oversimplifying the incident in question. There's a bit more to it than "young black man ... was assaulting him", and the missing bits are important. For instance, you could add at the end: "... after he stalked the young black man and confronted him, despite being advised not to." That changes things a bit, don't you think?

I am a dunce. I thought they were two different stories. One about Trayvon, and the other about a young black man assaulter. That connection does not come naturally to me.

Yeah, there was more to the Trayvon story than what the jury and prosecution and Florida law seems to care about. I am puzzled by when stand your ground applies. What happens if a stranger with a gun approaches you? Do you have a ground you can stand? Does it only apply to the guy who survives the duel? It sounds like something that could make sense in Florida.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
25-07-2017, 11:44 AM
(25-07-2017 11:27 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Guy with concealed carry permit shoots young black man who was assaulting him. Jury finds for justifiable self defense.

George Zimmerman claimed Trayvon Martin had him pinned down and was beating him.

The jury agreed with the evidence presented.

Do you know more than the jury?

I don't, so I'll have to risk their judgement as being right...

Or, we could riot every time a jury hands down a verdict we don't agree with.....

Is that what you'd rather??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Did you really just write that first sentence? That's a gross editorialization of the events that occurred, no? Doesn't your point stand without the emotionally charged rhetoric?

And the Martin case occurred in Florida which has one of the most lax interpretations of self defense possible. It's called "stand your ground" and basically means you can respond with lethal force for just about any reason. It does not require you to first attempt non-lethal means of extrication from the situation, and it's without a doubt one of the worst pieces of legislation ever passed. I live here, I would know.
[+] 1 user Likes Stefan Mayerschoff's post
25-07-2017, 11:58 AM
(25-07-2017 11:50 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  

Did you really just write that first sentence? That's a gross editorialization of the events that occurred, no? Doesn't your point stand without the emotionally charged rhetoric?

And the Martin case occurred in Florida which has one of the most lax interpretations of self defense possible. It's called "stand your ground" and basically means you can respond with lethal force for just about any reason. It does not require you to first attempt non-lethal means of extrication from the situation, and it's without a doubt one of the worst pieces of legislation ever passed. I live here, I would know.

You can stuff the " run away, run away" laws where the sun don't shine.

I for one will not ( and can not) run away. ( having a limb crushed and nearly severed makes use of that limb rather limited).

I doubt I would if I could.

Criminals who physically assault other people SHOULD live in fear of being killed on the spot. It's called a disincentive.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-07-2017, 12:04 PM
(25-07-2017 11:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 11:50 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Did you really just write that first sentence? That's a gross editorialization of the events that occurred, no? Doesn't your point stand without the emotionally charged rhetoric?

You can stuff the " run away, run away" laws where the sun don't shine.

I for one will not ( and can not) run away. ( having a limb crushed and nearly severed makes use of that limb rather limited).

I doubt I would if I could.

Criminals who physically assault other people SHOULD live in fear of being killed on the spot. It's called a disincentive.

Except in this case (and numerous others) it wasn't a "criminal"; it was just some dude that someone else didn't like the look of or actions of. How about the retired cop who shot and killed someone in a movie theater because the victim stood up and threw popcorn at him during a disagreement? That's the kind of deviant mindset that stand your ground allows under the guise of "I felt threatened"

It's bullshit. And you're taking "run away" a bit too literally. There's lots of ways to handle a situation between those two extremes.
[+] 6 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
25-07-2017, 12:14 PM
(25-07-2017 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 11:27 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't pretend to KNOW any of the things you claim, but I'm pretty sure that you are oversimplifying the incident in question. There's a bit more to it than "young black man ... was assaulting him", and the missing bits are important. For instance, you could add at the end: "... after he stalked the young black man and confronted him, despite being advised not to." That changes things a bit, don't you think?

George Zimmerman claimed Trayvon Martin had him pinned down and was beating him.

Or, we could riot every time a jury hands down a verdict we don't agree with.....

No. That's not what I'd rather. All I'm saying is that the incident was a bit more complex than the simplistic version you're peddling. Trayvon Martin didn't pursue George Zimmerman and attack him. The reverse of that is closer to the truth. If you stalk me and confront me and threaten me and provoke me into assaulting you, that does not give you the right to shoot me -- except in Florida, I guess.

Stop pretending that every decision is a no-brainer. The real world is more complicated than that.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
25-07-2017, 12:20 PM
(25-07-2017 12:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  George Zimmerman claimed Trayvon Martin had him pinned down and was beating him.

No. That's not what I'd rather. All I'm saying is that the incident was a bit more complex than the simplistic version you're peddling. Trayvon Martin didn't pursue George Zimmerman and attack him. The reverse of that is closer to the truth. If you stalk me and confront me and threaten me and provoke me into assaulting you, that does not give you the right to shoot me -- except in Florida, I guess.

Stop pretending that every decision is a no-brainer. The real world is more complicated than that.

Sadly, this is very true. The story I referenced above actually happened in a theater that I've gone to with my wife and kids many times. The victim was a husband and father who apparently committed the heinous sin of texting on his phone during the movie, which irritated the retired sheriff. A confrontation ensued, during which one threw popcorn causing the other to fear for his life and pull out his concealed carry weapon and blow him away. Another example of law enforcement training, discipline, and restraint on display.
25-07-2017, 01:39 PM
(25-07-2017 12:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  George Zimmerman claimed Trayvon Martin had him pinned down and was beating him.

So, justifiable beatings huh?????

Odd view of the law you have there buddy......

If Trayvon had been calling Mr Zimmermann's mother bad names, and Zimmerman responded with a firearm, he'd be in prison and rightly so....

Trayvon crossed the line and got physically violent... Doom on you Trayvon...

Welcome to fucking reality..

If you want your best chances for drawing air tomorrow, don't try beating people up today.