Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Australian Woman Killed By Police in Minnesota
I continue to be puzzled how we get from Steve Utash to Trayvon. Make that from pyjama clad Justine Damond, Mohamed Noor, to Steve Utash, and now Trayvon.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
25-07-2017, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 02:19 PM by Grasshopper.)
(25-07-2017 02:01 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I continue to be puzzled how we get from Steve Utash to Trayvon. Make that from pyjama clad Justine Damond, Mohamed Noor, to Steve Utash, and now Trayvon.

The connection is that in olb's mind, the guy with the gun is always the good guy. He can't (or won't) admit that shooting someone isn't always the best solution to a conflict.

ETA: Also, the police are always right. If they shoot someone, that person must have deserved it -- especially if the victim is black.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
25-07-2017, 02:15 PM
(25-07-2017 01:39 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 12:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No. That's not what I'd rather. All I'm saying is that the incident was a bit more complex than the simplistic version you're peddling. Trayvon Martin didn't pursue George Zimmerman and attack him. The reverse of that is closer to the truth. If you stalk me and confront me and threaten me and provoke me into assaulting you, that does not give you the right to shoot me -- except in Florida, I guess.

Stop pretending that every decision is a no-brainer. The real world is more complicated than that.
So, justifiable beatings huh?????

Odd view of the law you have there buddy......

If Trayvon had been calling Mr Zimmermann's mother bad names, and Zimmerman responded with a firearm, he'd be in prison and rightly so....

Trayvon crossed the line and got physically violent... Doom on you Trayvon...

Welcome to fucking reality..

If you want your best chances for drawing air tomorrow, don't try beating people up today.

Where did I say anything about justifiable beating? Zimmerman started the fight -- and then, when he found he was losing, decided to end it with a gun. How is that right? Try to stick to the actual issue instead of throwing straw men at me. I don't condone riots (as you implied in a previous post), and I don't condone assaulting someone. I also don't condone shooting someone to end a fight that you started and escalated. Is that so hard to understand?

Apparently, the only thing you do understand is "guns good" (while beating chest and grunting).
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
25-07-2017, 02:20 PM
(25-07-2017 02:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 02:01 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I continue to be puzzled how we get from Steve Utash to Trayvon. Make that from pyjama clad Justine Damond, Mohamed Noor, to Steve Utash, and now Trayvon.

The connection is that in olb's mind, the guy with the gun is always the good guy. He can't (or won't) admit that shooting someone isn't always the best solution to a conflict.

Got ya. Mohamed Noor and Justine Damond are in unfamiliar roles.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
25-07-2017, 02:44 PM
(25-07-2017 02:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

ETA: Also, the police are always right. If they shoot someone, that person must have deserved it -- especially if the victim is black.

I never said any such thing, and I don't have to lie about shit to "prove" my point.

You apparently find that a valid point of argument.

Good to know.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-07-2017, 02:54 PM
(25-07-2017 02:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 02:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The connection is that in olb's mind, the guy with the gun is always the good guy. He can't (or won't) admit that shooting someone isn't always the best solution to a conflict.

I never said any such thing, and I don't have to lie about shit to "prove" my point.

You apparently find that a valid point of argument.

Good to know.

I will apologize for my final comment. I have seen little or no evidence of racism in your posts in this thread or elsewhere, and my comment was out of line.

On the other hand, you do have a long history of going out of your way to defend men with guns and police, even when they are obviously in the wrong. And for the last several pages, you have been accusing me of making statements that I haven't made and having opinions that I don't have. I failed to resist the temptation to descend to your level.

Nevertheless, I again apologize for any untrue accusations I have made.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
25-07-2017, 03:06 PM
(25-07-2017 11:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  George Zimmerman claimed Trayvon Martin had him pinned down and was beating him.
George Zimmerman was a wannabe cop who didn't make the grade and decided to play Batman. He provoked an unnecessary confrontation, was getting his ass beat by a panicky kid, and then shot the kid. But he created the situation in the first place.

'course you can't really blame George too much. By the time he was reaping the consequences of starting something that he couldn't handle, he was probably pretty panicky himself. And y'know, he'd had a troubled life -- what with shooting that alcohol control agent; punching out his wife's father; threatening his girlfriend with a shotgun; and starting bar brawls. So it really wasn't his fault; everyone's out to get him. Facepalm

Quote:The jury agreed with the evidence presented.

Do you know more than the jury?

I don't, so I'll have to risk their judgement as being right...
Pffft. Juries make mistakes all the time.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post
25-07-2017, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 08:31 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(17-07-2017 09:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 07:40 PM)TheBear Wrote:  The numbers may be down this year so far. I don't know. Maybe they are. My point was that the fact that they do occur, and especially in the light of an NYPD cop being ambushed and making headlines recently, might cause some cops to be a bit more apprehensive and nervous. I honestly don't get why people can't wrap their heads around that concept. Huh

I don't care. Police are supposed to be trained. They're supposed to be calm under pressure.

They're not supposed to be paranoid and think everyone's is out to kill them. Because the vast majority do make it home.

Try harder to make excuses for something tragic.

You'd be surprised as to how little training the average police officer has in firearms and using deadly force. Most qualify using a silhouette target at 7 yards and do so once annually with little practice in between.

And accidents do happen as in the case below due to faulty handling of guns.

And these kinds of decisions as to exactly how to apply force are never easy as this reporter learns in a training exercise.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
26-07-2017, 12:14 AM
(25-07-2017 08:26 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  You'd be surprised as to how little training the average police officer has in firearms and using deadly force. Most qualify using a silhouette target at 7 yards and do so once annually with little practice in between.
... Someone like that probably shouldn't be carrying a weapon?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2017, 12:42 AM
(26-07-2017 12:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 08:26 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  You'd be surprised as to how little training the average police officer has in firearms and using deadly force. Most qualify using a silhouette target at 7 yards and do so once annually with little practice in between.
... Someone like that probably shouldn't be carrying a weapon?

Hey now. I shot caps off of bottles from about 6 meters with an air rifle for about two hours one time.

Don't try to ruin my chances of becoming a US cop.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post